XDV Protocol objective is to make any document or metadata, linked data or linked tokens, verifiable within decentralized blockchain stores like Filecoin, decentralized content network like IPFS or hybrid decentralized content network with blockchain features like Swarm Bee.
Verifiable Documents can be a verified credential as proposed by the Verifiable Credentials model, an ERC-721 standard NFT (Non Fungible Token), a PKCS#11 or PKCS#12 signed document verifiable with government mandated smart cards or as simple as any binary data signed with a DID that can be authenticated and verified with a
proof (eg proof of residence from a
KYC Know Your Customer or proof of humanity).
we need Akash for infra and XDV data query/etl jobs
Initially, Substrate was the top pick, but after much research about market conditions (right now is pretty difficult to find Rust engineers) and current team knowledge, we went with Cosmos SDK and Starport. By June 2021 we explored an initial IPLD Cosmos SDK PoC but after thinking about the infrastructure cost to deploy and operate a blockchain it was decided to keep using Tendermint/Cosmos but with a robust chain platform, for that
Secrets Network fits most of the tech use cases and
supports WASM using CosmWasm and Rust .
Most of the APIs required to build XDV Protocol are in
Go but also in
Rust . A first protocol draft must contain the basic primitives, and further protocol versions must be able to build on previous work.
Considering that signature is just one of the many use cases, and that disparate data sources and structures will be more common in the future, XDV Protocol
lingua franca is based in
IPLD Schemas from Protocol Labs.
Thus, the current XDV Protocol Specification:
- Smart Data Contracts uses the underlying primitives as API to build next generation ETL / Map Reduce like functions, where every data node is linkable and verifiable.
There are many NFT platform that need metadata decoupling and lack proper way to cross chain swap metadata. Here we’ll try to use time lock contracts to swap metadata uri betweens chains.
A NFT chain has no EVM presence, but metadata uri is stored in XDV Protocol. They need to be able to peg the ERC-721 compatible token and swap metadata uri while keeping the merkle tree proof / CID in XDV Protocol.
insurance policy is created with automated legal tech and is connected or integrated with the issuer of the policy. Insurance brokers or directly via website, sells policies to end users. They can get the policy by mail or in digital form. The issuer has decided to use public blockchains to be more transparent, and the broker has decide to use the issuer company REST API to start moving the previous centralized.
To listen and execute next flow, the claim will require additionally integration linked to brokers, issuer (insurance), policy holders agents (VC agent) and other offchain data sources.
Claimis filed thru decentralized automated legal tech (
broker) and sent to insurance company.
Policyis verified by back office and updated in centralized solution.
Brokeruses XDV Protocol oracle contracts
- After oracle come to a consensus, an event triggers a
smart data contractand orchestrate trusted data which then is computed and notified to subscribers
XDV protocol integrates EDI orders with offchain workers. The grocery consortium each one has different types of data structures, they are looking for:
- Verify EDI orders signed with RSA
- Convert them to electronic invoice and cloned to XDV Node XDV Storage and configure with RBAC/ACL
- Push invoice to government tax office with government mandated signature using
smart data contracts
In this use case, you have a pharmaceutical company, government and patients. To keep the diverse data verifiable and able to be query and used for other, non transactional uses, and because cost savings is very important in these implementations, they decide to use XDV Node and implement XDV protocol as following:
- Pharma company has their vaccine data in Ethereum private blockchain, because is private, decentralized chain, it can be thought as a sidechain. These transactions can be duplicated in XDV Node, and keep the data with selective disclosure or encrypted using XDV or IPFS Storage.
- Government keeps its data in CSV Tabular format. They would like to keep these as usual, with XDV Node, because it uses IPLD Schemas, the government selects the codec format for JSON Table. Any request from the data will be render and store as JSON Table. For this to work, they’ll need to use oracle which will sync with XDV Node. Because each oracle will use BLS to sign for proof, it should be more secure than other providers.
- Patients get mobile and desktop DApps to keep track of news and events.
Pharma and Government, besides the transactional integration which keeps accountability of vaccine success, can also create
smart data contracts . A
smart data contract aggregates, orchestrate and maps linked, verifiable data from the chain transactions and connected