The Filebase Akash Hackathon

We are offering $10,000 in $AKT and $250 in free object storage for the developer or team that builds the best app that integrates Filebase + Akash.

Hackathon Begins: September 1, 2021

Hackathon Ends: October 20, 2021 23:59 PST

Prizes:

• 1st place prize: $10,000 of $AKT + $250 (~3 TB) of free object storage credits with Filebase
  • 2nd place prize: $1,000 of $AKT + $150 (~2 TB) in free object storage credits with Filebase
  • 3rd place prize: $100 of $AKT + $100 (~1 TB) in free object storage credits with Filebase

Filebase

Filebase is the world’s first S3-compatible object storage platform that allows you to store data in a secure, redundant, and performant manner across multiple decentralized storage networks. Additionally, Filebase’s proprietary edge caching technology helps customers achieve industry-leading performance when fetching data from decentralized networks.

Akash Network

Akash Network, the world’s first decentralized and open-source cloud, accelerates deployment, scale, efficiency and price performance for high-growth industries like blockchain and machine learning/AI. Developers leveraging Akash Network can access cloud computing at up to three times less than the cost of centralized cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.

Registration Process:

1. Register for the Akash Filebase Contest on Gitcoin.
  2. Introduce yourself and your idea with a post on the Akash Filebase Contest Forum
  3. Add your Akash address in your profile to receive $100 in initial funding for your idea.
  4. Join the Discord server and send a hello world! in the #filebase channel. http://discord.Akash.network
  5. Register for a free 5GB storage account: Filebase | S3 Compatible Object Storage Powered by Blockchain
  6. To upgrade and receive 1 TB of free object storage for 2 months, use code HACKATHON

Submission Process:

1. Submit a detailed post publicly on the forum by October 22nd to be reviewed by the community, Akash team, and Filebase team.
  2. By October 30, the winners will be announced.

What to Submit:

• Project name and a list of team members
  • A description of what your project does and why you decided to build it
  • Demo video or presentation slides. Your video should be around 3 minutes long and include a demo of your working project. Videos must be made publicly visible.
  • Access to your working application or Github code repository. Access must be provided to the working application or code for judging and testing by providing a link to a website, functioning demo, or a Github repository.
  • Complete submission form.

Judging Criteria

• Potential Impact
    How will this project impact the growth of the Akash community and Filebase ecosystem?
  • Functionality
    How well does the project work?
  • Novelty
    How unique is the project idea and execution?
  • Design
    Is the user experience and design of the project well thought out?
  • Go-to-market Strategy
    Is the project beginning to market and garner interest from the community?

Example Use Cases:

• Building Fully Decentralized Webapps
  • Persistent Storage for Decentralized and P2P Apps
  • Off-Chain Storage for Blockchains
  • Censorship-resistant Website Hosting
  • Server-side Scraping, Backup & Data Publishing
  • Run a headless CMS on Akash, and front-end and asset storage on Filebase.
  • Rails App Framework
  • NodeJS App Framework
  • Wordpress as a service on Akash
  • Ghost CMS on Akash
  • Integrate Filebase + Supabase + Akash
  • Integrate Filebase + Planetscale + Akash

Hacker Resources:

Example Projects:

7 Likes

ok this is good idea

1 Like

I am very excited about this project. I plan to create a decentralized cloud storage solution with an intuitive UI. My application will increase adoption of the Akash Network for non-technical users. Here is my full proposal; I’d really appreciate any feedback!

3 Likes

Ok so I’m a free speech activist who isn’t happy with the climate of information warfare around COVID19 treatments. A few ideas:

1. crowdfunding for covid treatment- #freeivermectin

2. build a censor resistant natural antibody passports for SF and NY eateries; there is no legal way that the local governments can discriminate against which type of antibodies are ‘safe’

3. Open to other politically motivated, free speech action. Im a community, marketing and business analyst for startups fyi. Need some politically aligned devs

3 Likes

also @colin.lowenberg love your pic :smiley:

1 Like

That’s a very sensitive subject, but one close to the hearts of many these days. Speaking on behalf of myself I think your at the right place here.

1 Like

@LnrCdr want to create something for the hackathon together? The antitreatment bias of the totalitarian centralists needs to be checked by decentralized, censor resistant, activist technology

Thank you very much for the offer. I haven’t done so yet but, I was in the midst of posting a project proposal for the Hackethon. Maybe you could send me a dm on Discord? Thanks.