Terraform Akash Provider

Project Title:

Akash Terraform Provider

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

Infrastructure engineers tend to use common tooling. Rather than having developers adopt their workflows, they could use Akash through Terraform much like they can with other cloud providers.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

Ability to use leverage Akash through Terraform as opposed to simply the CLI.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

Further adoption of Akash.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

100 AKT

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

I’ve written a few Terraform Providers before. I’ve not used Akash much, so I am using the project as a reason to become more familliar with Akash and blockchain in general.

My hope is to implement a MVP, in which case the community could take it over, once the framework is in place.

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

Sure

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

Can view GitHub repo status

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

No

2 Likes

Wow this is something really really cool. I think a Terraform Provider for Akash would be a major game since everybody loves terraform, since Akash relies on Kubernetes maybe we can take advantage of the awesome Terraform ecosystem for K8s. This is something I’ve thought of previously and I’d love to see it happen :slight_smile: Lemme know if you need any code review or feedback on it.

1 Like

Hi @JasdeepSingh ! Thanks for responding. I would definitely be happy if you could provide feedback and/or code.

Thanks -
John

2 Likes

Sure I’d love to do both actually, I’m taking some time off rn and be back around 25th Nov

Let us know if you need any storage :innocent:

This is an awesome project, and I was going to suggest a hackathon project for it. Sending you 100 AKT!