Proposal: Grafkash, Decentralized Grafana Dashboard Solution

Project Title: Grafkash, Decentralized Grafana Dashboard Solution

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

I am building a decentralized version of Grafana open source dashboard and monitoring project. Grafana is very popular application for creating any kind of dashboard from realtime data. Grafana currently supports a number of datasource backends including influxdb, kairosdb, openTSDB etc. and further it can be extended to support any other datasource using the plugin system.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

I am targeting 3 major goals for the development.

• A skynet data source plugin for Grafana which fetches Key, Value pair data from SkyDB and displays in the grafana widgets. First working version of the plugin is published on the github.Grafana Skynet Plugin
  • For the plugin to be really useful, we will require a Time Series Database (TSDB) to be build on the top of SkyDB to save time series based metrics data from various sources, such as Server Logs, Incident Logs or IoT data from sensors etc.
  • A decentralized web application on Akash to push TSDB data and query data from SkyDB

Impact: What impact will this project have?

Grafana is very popular dashboard application and having an integration will mean that Akash Will have a better reach and this project will provide a real use case for the decentralized applications.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

For the complete project, I am targeting a budget of 10K USD to be able to work full time on it. Any suggestion is welcome

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

Roughly 6 to 8 weeks

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

Sure, any help would be great.

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

I will be sharing weekly progress reports over the forum or any other suggested mediums.

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

Following are the screenshots of the Grafana Skynet Datasource plugin

2 Likes

Awaiting feedback from the community to go ahead with the proposed plan.