In an effort to create a delegation framework that is more flexible, but resolute, it is in the project’s interest to draft a “constitution” for determining the delegations of the project’s treasury. It is worthwhile to note that our delegations outside of our commercial and strategic obligations to date have been driven solely by impartial equity. This is an invitation for feedback and by no means a final draft.
Going forward, delegations from us will be earned, not given. All of our validators should strive to create healthy and consistent contributions that are accretive to the network.
As such, we will govern for equality of opportunity among validators driven by the following guiding principles:
- 10% or lower commission rate, or lower if your validator is in the top 10 ; all else being equal, lower commission rates are preferred
- Validators must proactively contribute to the community. For example:
- Validators must be an active promoter of the community and project
- Validators must maintain operational excellence, be commercially responsible, and maintain a technically sound and secure infrastructure.
- Validators should maintain a trustworthy public presence with a website and/or on social that clearly indicate they’re validating Akash, with clear contact information for delegators for support
- Bonus: hosting non-critical infrastructure, such as your validator’s website, and/or sentry nodes on Akash and sharing that with the community