Proposal: Deploy a NextJS landing page on Akash and blog about it

Proposal: Learn and make a blog post about how to deploy a NextJS landing page on Akash

Background

We are a team of two web developers planning to build a cross-chain Tax reporting app (Moonstash) for the Cosmos ecosystem and beyond. We have been thinking about deploying the app on the Akash network but we’re unsure of the feasibility.

The landing page project proposed here is a great opportunity for us to deeply learn about the de-cloud hosting service and decide where we will host the Moonstash app.

Problem Statement

Akash network is still new to many developers, including us. We want to learn more about the Akash infrastructure and its tooling, help spread the knowledge, and make it easier for the next developer deploying in Akash.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

Deploying the landing page on Akash then publish a blog about it to educate developers on how to deploy a NextJS app on Akash.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

More resource for future developers means less friction for adoption.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

$500

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

Within a month

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

No.

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

A blog post at the end of the project.

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

3 Likes

You have been awarded a grant of $100 in AKT. We use Vercel for the Akash.network website. Please submit a grant application if you’d like to apply for the next grant level of $1,000 - or $500 as you mentioned. Make sure to update your profile with your Akash address.

2 Likes

We use Vercel for the Akash.network website.

Right I guess there’s not much to compute as a static site.

Since you only need $500, instead of a grant application you can just start on the project and share an update. If you need $1000, fill out the application.

3 Likes

Thanks Colin! We will consider that. In the meantime, when should I expect the $100 AKT shows in the wallet address set in my profile?

1 Like

Hi Colin, the $100 AKT hasn’t arrived in my wallet yet and I am wondering when I should expect it. I am keen to test some deployments this weekend. :crossed_fingers:

p.s. I have double-checked that the address in my profile and it is correct.

Hi @colin.lowenberg, can you let me know when I should expect the $100 AKT award?
I am keen to test some deployments with Akash. =]

1 Like

Sorry for the delay! I sent some just now, checking on the rest

2 Likes

不错不错。值得期待,想多多了解一下可以吗

这太好了我也想加入,为社区做点贡献。加油奥利给

Did you get to do any testing?

Hi Colin. Yes, I did. It went well. The CLI worked but the experience was a bit rough. Used the Deploy UI after and it was much easier. Our landing page is actually already live https://www.moonstash.xyz but we are still keen to move it to Akash. We will schedule it soon, along with writing the blog.