Proposal: Decentralized Memes Platform

Project Title: Memes Gallery

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

We all love Memes but there isn’t really a place where you can save the memes and make them available for everyone. Furthermore meme pages like imgflip work but their design isn’t up to date anymore. Furthermore we need more appreciation for the meme creators. Thorugh a Keplr integration it will be easy to tip creators for their work. And I also plan to give creators further insights in their reach through for example traffic statistics. Anonymous of course.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

Run a decentralized Memes Platform to connect meme creators and their audience. The memes are stored in the ipfs protocol with gateways running on akash. Backups are made through storj. The website itself acts as gateway for the memes which are stored on ipfs and can be accessed through every other ipfs gateway (ex. cloudflare or pinata). To store the data persistently I will probbably use Filecoin.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

Memes are awesome to reach people and grow an audience. By reaching many different people through the platform it can raise the awareness for akash and decentralization.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

The biggest part will be hosting costs, as the project is built from several parts:

• 3 Ipfs Gateways (EU,US,Asia)
  • MongoDB
  • Frontend
  • Backend API
  • Storj backups
  • possibly Elasticsearch (for a more performant search)
    It depends mainly on how the akash prices (fiat as well as deployments) develop since all these services are to run in akash.

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

I plan to get the first prod version in 1-2 weeks. It will also include a Browser based Meme Creator.
The next stage after will then depend on the user feedback

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

If someone wants to support me I look forward to the cooperation

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

Depending on the news situation every 2 weeks or monthly through reports (forum/twitter)

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

As I got no reply I guess the request was rejected.
I am not asking about the background of the rejection as this is completely your decision, however a simple message about the denial of the proposal would be helpful to have clarity @colin.lowenberg

1 Like

I love this idea. Consider yourself funded. Fill out the grant application and we can fund this up to $1000.

Your idea was not rejected, in fact it was funded this week with 30 AKT. Check for a transaction with the memo “coinbar” (the memo was a typo).