Proposal: AwesomeAkash+

Project Title: AwesomeAkash+

First of all thanks to @tombeynon for his great feedback on my initial idea and also thanks to @baktun14 and @SpacePotato for their opinions on this.

If you also have feedback, I would be happy to hear from you in this post. I want to develop this for the community and every opinion is valuable.

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

The Awesome Akash Repo is a great source for deployment files but at the moment they are not always up to date and there is no real motivation for the community to contribute to them and keep them up to date.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

My goal is to create a repository that not only contains the files, but also important information about them. E.g. required variables, default values for the variables and a short description.
So that the community is motivated to contribute, I want to make contributing as easy as possible. Either as a pull request or via a user interface on a website.
Problems with files can be reported via issues.

But how do i make sure that people interact with this repository?

I offer an API which allows anyone to access all information in this repository.
This can be of particular interest for DeployUIs, which gives them access to updated YML files as well as all information that users need to publish them.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

The impact will be huge but is a long term project. In the beginning it will take some time to establish this in the community but i am willing to spend my free time on this to make it a success.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

100$ is enough to get started

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

no later than November (For Repository and integration with UI)

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

I will definitely need some additional team members later but would like to start alone to create a working concept.

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

Biweekly updates in this thread.

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

Beta UI to submit new deployments:

Sample response of the API for a specific deployment:

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Great idea :fire:

1 Like

Yea love this idea. It’s a clear evolution of awesome-akash and something that can aggregate lots of different repositories and data sources. I can see there being a few different deploy tools in the future and these could all connect into a common ‘app library’ like this.

I also love this idea, and I’m excited to see deploy tools or other future tools connect to this!

Ok so this + the web UI that @SpacePotato built out and the Akashlytics Deploy tool could be take us to the next level. Having trusted images that work out of the box. Plus this would make other tooling in the future much easier to develop. Super excited to see where this effort leads.

We will fund this idea with $1,000 to start, and more to come! Please would you fill out a grant application for the CAB to review. https://forum.akash.network/t/how-to-apply-for-developer-grants/

1 Like

Oh great, thank you! Will fill out the form this week