Proposal: Akash New User Onboard Content

Project Title: Akash New User Onboard Content

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

I have recorded my steps from start to finish on setting up my Akash account from scratch. Currently the video needs to be cut and commentated on, but here is a screenshot of my video editor.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

Goal would be generating content users can follow on screen for multiple OS environments Windows, macOS, Linux, etc.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

Impact will help the curious to easily follow along by watching my screen and listening to me commentate on how I go about setting my environments for Akash.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

Not sure how much. I have multiple ongoing projects and would like to integrate some features on Akash to add to the onboarding content. Whatever is fair for the work is okay with me. I’m honestly just interested in playing with on the network and growing support for the community.

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

Timeline never stops in my opinion, but I will put out content as I progress into the ecosystem. I like to record all my efforts as I learn for reference and teaching.

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

Not currently since this will be for the single user experience.

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

Posting to my social medias I have and community forums. For a better idea, checkout my namebase dLinks page http://hashwarlock.hns.to for access to the content & discussions I have in the blockchain tech/crypto space.

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

Yes, my content will reflect similar content I have posted in my More Than A Like series on YouTube. Here is a simple videos on my YouTube on deploying a Substrate Node (Parachain development for Polkadot/Kusama):

Closing The Deal :handshake:

I have many videos stored but haven’t had much time to prioritize editing and publishing my content due to working as a dev in cyber sec for 40 hrs then doing all my blockchain tech/crypto learning outside of work. Either way, the goal is to research and build in blockchain tech full-time as I have not figured out how to stretch the time continuum, yet. All said, I love all the projects in blockchain technology and I’ll do it with or without money lol unless they turn off the power. Cheers everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @hashwarlock, I think onboarding people to Akash is extremely important. The process of actually deploying things to Akash is being simplified thanks to community members like @baktun14 creating deployment UI tools Akashlytics. Excited to see more of your content!

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Will start looking around and checkout @baktun14 content. I love to learn this stuff so your reply means a lot. Cheers!

1 Like

You have been awarded a grant of $100 in AKT. Please submit a grant application if you’d like to apply for the next grant level of $1,000. Make sure to update your profile with your Akash address.

1 Like

Thank you, Colin! I will update my profile with my akash address today. I had my demo address in the profile, but I’m generating a personal one in a few. I will update when I have the new address added.

Thanks again for reaching back out. Have a great day!

I have added my Akash profile. I have currently 2 videos for simple set up of an account of Fedora 34 and then one with macOS 11. I ran into an interesting error when setting up on macOS and I will go through the steps to help others that may fall into the same situation. This videos will be published towards end of the week. Thanks again for your support.

Little update I could get done this morning while I had time. Will post complete with Fedora 34 wallet setup then a part 2 post on the macOS 11 steps later on after I finish some work on a side project. Happy Friday!

https://medium.com/@jrwaller/where-do-i-start-akash-networks-9da69ae44acf