Proposal: Akash Connect

Project Title: Proposal: Akash Connect

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

I’m interested in connecting people and product needs similar to LinkedIn. The problem with sites like LinkedIn is similar with other websites or systems not built on a blockchain - only the company that built them earn from their user’s efforts in exchange of using the platform.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

With Akash Connect, I plan to build a platform similar to LinkedIn where service providers and product owners connect.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

Currently, I perceive the product to have a medium impact to job seekers and product owners. With a platform like Akash connect, product owners now have an alternative tp platforms like LinkedIn to connect with service providers.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

Since this is a start-up, I’ll be running and just needing help or funding for the resources I’ll be using such as a home PC to use Akash. Once an MVP is built in after around 6-months time, I plan to expand the project to on-board front-end and blockchain developers.

So for the first few months, it may be around $300 to $500 per month.

Once an MVP is available and it provides feasibility that it is indeed useful and people are willing to use the platform, a rough estimate will be around $1000 per month thereon.

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

For the first 6 months, I plan to develop an MVP and study the Akash platform and deploy a barebones project on top of Akash.

Once the product is deployed on Akash and is stable, I plan to expand more on the features available on the platform.

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

Yes, I’ll be needing administrators, marketers, front-end and back-end developers, and graphic designers.

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

I plan to submit a bi-weekly video progress report via Youtube.

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

None yet. Will create a wireframe from hereon