We are requesting 120,000 akt from the community pool through a CommunityPoolSpend type prop.
- We are submitting this gov prop instead of going to the accelerator for funding since we have a member on the accelerator and view that as a conflict of interest. Additionally, we have funded the CAB through gov props, so it would be in a roundabout way funding ourselves (unethical). We also vowed to not take additional funds from the CAB in prop #16.
- Requested amount is ~28,000 USD at the time of submission
- No amount of grant will be sold in first three months and a tracker will be built to display the actions of the wallet. 100% will be staked to our validator upon reception.
- The grant will fund provider audits, block monitoring and funds retrieval (when possible), and primarily the development of a validator auditing framework. If the proposal passes, we will build this framework out on Akash, if it fails, we will focus the validator auditing on a different chain. This lets the community decide if they value the positive regulatory/transparency effects of a validator regulatory framework. Ideally, there should be many competing frameworks designed, and we will be one of them.
- We have weekly meetings with official Akash team member Alani Kuye for accountability and we will continue these.