Project Phoenix

Questionnaire:

Contact Information:

1. First & Last Name: Anthony Rosa
  2. Email Address: anthonymarinorosa@gmail.com
  3. Akash Wallet Address: akash1z327avuh49ll28hrlcerwxpdzm2ruu54hgvrkg | akash1cduzr54kdle453lzt28nxnf99ed4tue8l97lvy
  4. Akashian URI: Multiple deployments active, personal website is: 0dcpe4c51hbtvdra704bvqau9s.ingress.sjc1p0.mainnet.akashian.io (anthonyrosa.xyz)
  5. Time Zone: EST
  6. Language: English, 2 years of college Italian (Still really bad)

Social Networks

1. Discord Username: Crypt
  2. Github: anthonyrosa
  3. Twitter: @JeromeBerkshire
  4. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-rosa-b24895216/
  5. Website: anthonyrosa.xyz
  6. Blog: https://anthonyrosa.medium.com/
  7. YouTube: Anthony Rosa - YouTube

Experience:

1. Are you a developer or software engineer? Web dev
  2. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network) Yes
  3. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network) Yes
  4. Do you have other team members? Friends as part-time helpers
  5. Are you looking for additional team members? No
  6. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? Akash is hiring engineers and contractors. Learn more here: Careers | Akash Network Yes, but have current job
  7. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft) Akash, GCP
  8. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting? ~$10
  9. How did you hear about this program? forum.akash.network | Mr. Colin Lowenberg

Product Vision:

1. What is your project? Project Phoenix (Mr. Lowenberg came up with the name)
  2. What is the problem you will solve? Deploying a front end backup for websites
  3. What are your goals? 5 public projects/companies deployed on Akash as backups per month
  4. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community? Probably minimal impact; possibility for impact through collegiate outreach
  5. Who will use your project when it’s complete? Companies
  6. Will you monetize your project? I will not charge companies for my services and will provide the hosting costs from the grant.
  7. Will you open source your project? Dependent upon company discretion and copyright law

Product Leadership / Drive:

1. Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values. US Marine Corps, drone pilot, Link 16 officer, IT professional. I have had a lifelong love of economics and have been accepted for publishing in the Marine Corps’ professional journal, The Marine Corps’ Gazette, and in the open source reviewed journal, Open Science Journal. Throughout my military service and academic incursions I have come to the opinion that unpointed research and political involvement are often not the best way to help others. I am a brand ambassador for Indigitus (sentinel based hardware), and won two community awards from Tezos Commons. My dive into blockchain introduced me to akash and I have enjoyed learning about this ecosystem and supporting it.
  2. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology? I think blockchain is a vector for peaceful detachment from oppressive policies. Akash is interesting in that it can serve that philosophical purpose, but also a mainstream purpose of backup to a normal system at a minimal, or non-noticeable, cost.
  3. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do? I would fly to San Francisco to meet the team for a week so I could align my efforts most effectively with the foundation’s goals. Then, I would set up college booth stands at various universities and attempt to get insight from fresh eyes about the project. Next, I would lobby similarly oriented projects for meetings to discuss how we could move forward together. From there, it would depend on the information I gathered.
  4. Who will benefit most from your project? Companies receiving the Akash service, Akash community seeing legitimate companies publicly utilizing Akash.
  5. How will you help grow the Akash community? I have already made guides and tutorials and I think this project would be an interesting process to document to share with the community so they could see how to approach companies and consumers and learn from my mistakes.
  6. How will you make Akash approachable to developers? I will offer my mirroring service to their UI/web devs to discuss how it works and teach them how to self-sufficiently deploy on Akash.
  7. How do you think Akash should improve? Dockerizing images seems to be a barrier to people. While simple, it’s an extra step that other UIs, like Webflow, don’t require to deploy. Additionally, adding native support for port 443 would add consumer confidence in the security of Akash.

Product Execution:

1. How would you utilize the grant funding? I would use it to pay for the deployments and demonstrations for companies.
  2. Have you already started this work? Yes, SifChain privately DM’d me to discuss my mirror of their website and I also made one for Frontier (official site: frontier.xyz | my mirror: frontierdefi.xyz)
  3. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project? No and this will depend on company preference whether their code will be publicly accessible.
  4. How will this task be accomplished? Outreach, contact, demonstration, meeting, documentation, and deployment would be the steps.
  5. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones? 1) Outreach phase 2) Demonstrations and meetings 3) Documentation 4) Deployment. Month over month statistics and documentation will be made public.
  6. How many months of work will this project require? Theoretically unlimited but as far as the grant funds can take me.
  7. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project? At current prices ($2.64) $100 would yield ~38 AKT or 7 deployments. Considering a monthly goal of 5 successful deployments would deplete the grant in less than 1.5 months. Additionally, there will be fees from creating the demonstration sites for businesses and deployment and cancellation costs. The $1,000 seed grant would be most suitable, but I’d be happy to use the $100 initiate grant and then report back after month 1 and have my application re-evaluated based on performance.

Product Progress:

1. Will you open source your project? Project will be public but company preference will dictate their code being public (even though it already is, adding it to an easily accessible repo enables copy cats). I suspect none of them will want to do this.
  2. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete? Through reports, deployment tx’s, links, and hopefully company acknowledgement.
  3. Will you report your progress to the community every month? Yes.
  4. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share? See question 39.

Developer Associations:

1. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds? No
  2. Are you associated with any startup communities? No
  3. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)? No
  4. Are you associated with any open source projects? Brand ambassador of indigitus (not OS) for Sentinel (OS)
  5. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members? No. I have had communication with Mr. Lowenberg on Discord and Mr. Greg Osuri on Twitter.

Legalese:

1. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN-, US-, EU-, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes?* No
  2. Are you over the age of 18? Yes
4 Likes

Whoah, awesome idea. I’d love to see a decentralized version of every DeFi project’s website. This completely eliminates the path to adoption, and if we fund this, we simply have to have a friendly way to “hand off” to the dev teams for each project.

2 Likes