**10. Twitter: **
@praetorPS

**11. LinkedIn: **
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jigarpatel053/

**12. Website: **

13. Blog:

Experience:

**14. Are you a developer or software engineer? **
Yes. I have been a senior software developer for a public sector company in Toronto, Canada for 2 years and then I started my own firm Arc10 Technologies Inc. with the passion to create and build better software for clients. I have more than a decade of experience in software development.

**15. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network) **
Yes

**16. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network) **
currently exploring Testnet and looking forward to Testnet 3

**17. Do you have other team members? **
Yes, and growing

**18. Are you looking for additional team members? **
Yes

**19. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? Akash is hiring engineers and contractors. Learn more here: Careers | Akash Network **
Not at the moment

**20. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft) **
AWS and Azure

**21. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting? **
$200 - $500/month depending on utilization.

*22. How did you hear about this program? **
Via discord and internal inquiries

Product Vision:

**23. What is your project? **
Praetor Provider Platform For Akash. This will streamline and simplify the process to becoming an Akash provider. It will grow the Akash community by ensuring people complete the process of becoming a provider and not give up midway due to the current convoluted process. This will help increase Akash deployments exponentially because provider availability will increase due to ease of use.

**24. What is the problem you will solve? **
Currently, becoming a provider on Akash is cumbersome and at best confusing. It’s heavily involved and the process is one which only the very technically inclined can complete. It’s simply not human-friendly. For example, it took two days and making time outside of one’s already busy schedule to deal with attempting to set up a provider machine on Akash. This leads to “abandoned cart” issues where most people will simply give up and explore other alternatives.
Multiple tabs, different windows, CLI headaches, ports, and other complications make this an unpleasant experience. However, we came to make it better!

**25. What are your goals? **
To enable full decentralization regardless of the project by ensuring barriers to entry are completely eliminated by focusing on the human factor. As Alani Kuye counseled during project discovery sessions “We are building for humans”.

**26. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community? **
Ease of entry, ease of sharing, sustained continuous community engagement because a simple process is easy to describe and share with others.

**27. Who will use your project when it’s complete? **
The entire Akash ecosystem, developers, providers, partners, the curious and more. Every college student should be able to earn passive income or run a provider machine in their dorm room, garage etc. It should be so simple, a grandmother should be able to run a provider box for retirement passive income!

**28. Will you monetize your project? **
5 - 10% of the monthly AKT charged to the deployee. For example, 10% of 10AKT will be 1AKT. The Total charge will be 11AKT

**29. Will you open source your project? **
It will be full or partially open-sourced as we analyze usage data etc.

Product Leadership / Drive:

**30. Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values **
Using the knowledge of blockchain and web3, I convert ideas to reality. I have 10 years of development experience and am currently passionate about decentralization projects. I want to create a product that is truly decentralized, transparent and accessible to everyone.

**31. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology? **
Eliminating barriers to entry, transparency, accessibility by everyone, especially people in the underdeveloped world or people in countries with heavy centralization, and ease of use.

**32. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do? **
Run a validator node, expand Praetor into a multi-tiered provider ecosystem, into the Cosmos ecosystem, and more including Chia, Filebase, etc.

**33. Who will benefit most from your project? **
Akash community, individuals and organizations with compute inventory, and hardware that want to quickly get onboard Akash as providers without impacting their availability or daily schedules. It will also provide available resources to those looking to deploy….thereby increasing deployments at a rapid clip while simultaneously onboarding additional providers due to the low barrier to entry.

**34. How will you help grow the Akash community? **
By participating in events, buildathons, hackathons, and building tools that support the rapid adoption of Akash on both sides of the Akash Marketplace. Akash has a two-sided marketplace (providers and deployees).

**35. How will you make Akash approachable to developers? **
Via open source initiatives as part of this project and other Akash related projects. Github repository, simplified documentation and videos. Ease of access and usage and ongoing support.

36. How do you think Akash should improve?
Clearer and simpler documentation. Ease of use to eliminate barriers to entry for both sides of the marketplace.

Product Execution:

**37. How would you utilize the grant funding? **
Operating expenses (hosting, etc)

**38. Have you already started this work? **
Yes

**39. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project? **
Yes (will be made public soon)

**40. How will this task be accomplished? **
Already in process

**41. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones? **
Milestone 1: Complete UI flow setup, backend scripts for running Akash on master node
Milestone 2: Frontend development, backend api development
Milestone 3: Deploy dockerized both frontend and backend to Akash network

**42. How many months of work will this project require? **
Between 1 to 1.5 months

**43. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project? **
10,000AKT

Product Progress:

**44. Will you open source your project? **
Yes, full and / or partial but definitely

**45. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete? **
Akash forum, Youtube video, Medium Posts, Twitter, Reddit, Github.

**46. Will you report your progress to the community every month? **
Yes, monthly progress updates + demonstration (live or test environment).

**47. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share? **
Yes

Developer Associations:

**48. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds? **
No

**49. Are you associated with any startup communities? **
No

**50. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)? **
No

**51. Are you associated with any open source projects? **
No

**52. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members? **
No

Legalese:

53. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN, US, EU, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes?
No

54. Are you over the age of 18?
Yes

Hey, do you have a work in progress to share? Also, have you heard of https://handyhost.computer/ ? What differentiates your project to the already working handyhost software?

We are currently in the later stages of finalizing the finished first version and running on localhost. I can go into additional details during the call, but it’s not something we are looking to publicize at the moment.

The significant difference between handy host and us is that using our application you can set up your Akash provider machines remotely. Handyhost only supports Linux and Mac right now, but you can access our application through any operating system as long as you have chrome with Keplr wallet. We also plan to make a custom Akash provider docker image in phase 2 and deploy it inside their Kubernetes for better efficiency. I am open to going into details during the meeting.

1 Like

This sounds awesome if you can pull it off! May I recommend offering reverse proxies or similar if this will be released as a service? A lot of the users you’re trying to target your service to may be unable to port forward themselves. Perhaps you can be the middleman, where you help offer the collateral too… Exciting stuff!

Hey @figurestudios,
Proxy service is not included in our roadmap for milestone 1.
But I like the idea. Let’s discuss it in detail. We can be in touch via discord. I will dm you.