One Click Cosmo SDK Nodes on Akash?

Project Title: One-Click Cosmos Nodes

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

Setting up, syncing, and maintaining a node for trading bots, developing UI/UX’s, among other things, is very difficult and time-consuming for the Cosmos Ecosystem.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

One-click nodes for all Cosmos SDK chains. This solution would allow for quick, one-click nodes with auto quick syncing, and maintenance of nodes for all Cosmos SDK chains.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

It will open up a lot of developers, traders, and Cosmo participants’ time to focus on building instead of maintaining and wasting time on node/daemon work.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

I would like to hire a helping hand to get this going and get a community going. I would imagine $50K - $100K would certainly make it easier but I am going to make it work within any budget.

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

I would think 4-6 months to initially build, test, and get some initial alpha users. Then 6-12 months after that for beta and stabilizing the platform.

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

Yes!

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

Weekly or Monthly reports!

Design: Do you have any mock-ups or screenshots?

Not yet!

2 Likes

This sounds interesting. Could you provide some detailed specs and we will run this through the awards Board?

1 Like

Yes, of course! Where should I send the spec?

You can submit it here.

Wanted to make sure I had the bandwidth for this and I now do. This needs to come to life. We need to move validation and nodes in general in blockchain off web2 cloud into web3 cloud. It just so counter intuitive :upside_down_face:.

Anyways. Here is the spec One Click Nodes On Akash Spec - Google Docs. What do I need to add? I am not sure what I need to add in here for the grant. Whats needed? These are my base thoughts.

Forgot to tag you! See above post!

Hello,
I saw your document, it’s very high level. In order to present to the CAB, you will need some specificity and architectural framework including heavy details since you don’t have an Alpha or working Beta yet.
In order to present and apply for funding, you either need to have a working Alpha or Beta MVP version. Alternatively, to make a strong case for funding where there is no working Alpha or Beta version, you need to have a very well detailed and documented plan with specifics, timeline, and architecture in place.

Alani

Gotcha! Ok! I will get to it then and get back to you when ready.