Industrial application

I’m Ikbel and I work as a research assistant, working on an industrial project in which I’m using IEC 61850 protocol and I’m looking to store all the data in the cloud. As well I need to give access to other users to access the data without compromising the security of my local network. My questions:

1- Does Akash compatible with such protocol? And if it has been used in an industrial application before?

2- If I’m going to chose to store my data in Equinix center isn’t going to bring my cost higher?

3-Am I be able to store and access the data in real-time?

4- Is that possible to run the Wireshark application and store data in Akash?

5-Does Akash’s team offer support for such an application development?

Thank you for responding

1- Does Akash compatible with such protocol? And if it has been used in an industrial application before?

I’m not familiar with the protocol, so I can’t say for certain. Since Akash is open source, we can’t track deployment. Check our deployments channel. Maybe something is listed there?

2- If I’m going to chose to store my data in Equinix center isn’t going to bring my cost higher?

That’s the beauty of Akash, you can find what ever provider offers the lowest cost. :slight_smile:

3-Am I be able to store and access the data in real-time?

You could always check out Skynet for storage? Not sure what you mean by realtime.

4- Is that possible to run the Wireshark application and store data in Akash?

I’m not familiar with Wireshark, so I can’t say.

5-Does Akash’s team offer support for such an application development?

Most of our support can be found on the Akash Community, our Docs or our Discord channel (but that’s more conversational)

Tank you for answering my questions.
How about we build a container for Wireshark inside Akash for packets network investigation?

1 Like

Interesting question!

1- IEC 61850 seems to be designed for low latency applications with specific electronic hardware. I believe it would be up to the providers on Akash to provide support for this protocol. I don’t know if any providers support it today. The Akash network is used for provisioning deployments and the payment between tenants and providers. The Akash network and software does not have visibility/control into the communication used by applications after a deployment is live.

2 - Akash doesn’t offer separate storage options today. I would recommend Skynet or Filebase or Storj for storage.

3 - Yes.

4 - Anything that is on DockerHub can run on Akash. Here are some links you might want to read:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/wireshark

5- More on technical support here: