Projects, grants, bounties, and events
Follow the 10 steps below to install Akash, create an account, update your profile, propose a project to get your initial $100 award, and apply for grants of $1,000, $10,000, and $100,000.
Step 1. Create an Account.
You can login with GitHub or Discord.
Step 2. Join the Akash Discord server
The Akash server on Discord is the fastest way to find help from the Akash developer community. We use Discord for live chat with the developer community. Come say hello and ask a question!
For help with:
- Hackathons: Message the #hackathons channel
- Deployments: Message the #deployments channel
- Providers: Message the #providers channel
- Validators: Message the #validators channel
We ask that you add a profile photo and associate a GitHub account and Discord account. This is to prove you are human and prevent fraud and abuse in our program.
Step 4. Install Akash
Install the Akash application and command-line tool. Below are instructions for Mac, Linux, and building from source.
For Mac OS, you need to install the XCode Command Line Tools, and we recommend using Homebrew to install Akash. To install Apple’s XCode Command Line Tools, run this command in Terminal:
- To install Homebrew, run this command:
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
- To install Akash using homebrew:
brew tap ovrclk/tap brew install akash brew link akash --force
For Linux, install the latest version of Akash with godownloader. First, configure the version of the Akash Network
AKASH_VERSION as a shell variable in your terminal:
AKASH_VERSION="$(curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ovrclk/net/master/mainnet/version.txt")”
- Next Install Akash
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ovrclk/akash/master/godownloader.sh | sh -s -- "v$AKASH_VERSION"
- The final step is to make sure that the akash binaries are available in your shell
PATH. This page contains instructions for setting the
To install and build from source, Akash requires a working golang installation, a properly set GOPATH, and $GOPATH/bin present in $PATH. Once you have the dependencies properly setup, download and build akash with these commands:
$ go get -d github.com/ovrclk/akash $ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/ovrclk/akash $ git checkout "v$AKASH_VERSION" $ make deps-install $ make install
Use the command-line client to create your Akash account. Run the following command, but first replace “MyWallet” with the name of your account:
akash keys add MyWallet
Save your mnemonic phrase in a safe place. You may need this one day to recover your keys.
We need this in order to fund your account. Do not use an exchange address or you will not be able to receive $AKT tokens. To get your akash address you c an use the command line tool:
akash keys show MyWallet -a
Step 7. Propose a Project
After you have completed your profile, introduce yourself and your project on the New Projects forum using the built-in topic template.
- Project Title:
- Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?
- Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?
- Impact: What impact will this project have?
- Budget: How much funding will this require?
- Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?
- Team: Are you looking for additional team members?
- Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?
- Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?
You can check here to see that you successfully filled out your profile: Verified Users Badge
Share your invitation with your social networks to attract more developers to the community.
Step 10. Submit a Grant Application
Submit a detailed project proposal by submitting a post on the Grant Applications forum using the built-in topic template. You can also find a copy of the Grant Application Template as a post and Google Doc.