Hosting Game Servers on Akash Network

Project Title: Game Servers on Akash Network

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

There is no solution for hosting a game server on Akash Network without doing it on your own, so a web application guiding you through that process + automatic deployment of the Game Server on Akash Network based on users needs will bring more traffic and users to network.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

• Finish the interactive design on figma
  • Complete the frontend work (magically turn design to code :smiley: )
  • Create a guide page where by going through questions you can choose all options needed for the server to automatically run on Akash.
  • Learn the process of deploying via code on Akash
  • Using web3.js add payments for those servers.
  • Finally a fully working web application hosting many kinds of Game Servers (for beta testing planning only Minecraft)

Impact: What impact will this project have?

Biggest impact would be new users that are trying to host a Game Server for their friends and come across Akash Network, with that more traffic will come specially if these servers are cheaper then competitors.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

My costs are around $1000 for now, so other then that I’m happy with whatever I deserve from the range of rewards Akash is offering. ($1000 / $10.000 / $100.000)

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

Design is 95% done, while frontend is being worked at moment of writing this.
For payments and connecting wallets, we need web3.js implementation.
And each game needs server files and configuration after figuring out how to deploy via code on Akash Network

My estimate would be until April/May, but this is to be safe.
February for final design touches and completed frontend, March for logic on guide page web3.js, April and May for deploying on network via code.

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

I have a friend I’m working with helping on design/frontend, everything else I’m doing alone. Some help would be appreciated on web3.js, and deploying on Akash Network, but depends if anyone interested wants to be team member or just help the process :slight_smile:

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

Weekly reports on this forum are best in my opinion.

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

I have a interactive design on Figma and already working on frontend, if requested I can share the design or just screenshots.

1 Like

Hello,
This looks interesting. I would like to have you present this to the CAB once you have a working Alpha version in place. Please keep up informed.

Alani

Hi Alani,

Progress on frontend is being done quickly now and I’m at the point of needing a domain, can I use “akash” in the domain, for example “akashservers.com”, “akashgames.com”, if yes is there any more restrictions on domain choice?

Thanks, Aldin

Hi Aldin,
You may use whichever names you please. If you include “Akash” then you must include a disclosure statement clarifying non-association with Akash / Overclock labs.

Thanks,
Alani