7. Discord Username: aldin#2390

8. Discourse Username:

9. Github: @adnssc

10. Twitter: @adnssc

11. LinkedIn:

12. Website:

13. Blog:

Experience:

14. Are you a developer or software engineer?
Yes.

15. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network)
Yes.

16. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network)
Yes.

17. Do you have other team members?
Yes.

18. Are you looking for additional team members?
Not really, I just need small help on certain topics which discord server will be enough for :slight_smile:

19. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? Akash is hiring engineers and contractors. Learn more here: Careers | Akash Network
Yes, will look into it!

20. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft)
I don’t use any.

21. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting?

22. How did you hear about this program?
From Golem Network discord server.

Product Vision:

23. What is your project?
Hosting Game Servers on Akash Network.

24. What is the problem you will solve?
There is no solution for hosting a game server on Akash Network without doing it on your own, so a web application guiding you through that process + automatic deployment of the Game Server on Akash Network based on users needs will bring more traffic and users to network.

25. What are your goals?

• Learn the process of deploying via code on Akash
  • Create a guide page where by going through questions you can choose all options needed for the server to automatically run on Akash.
  • Using web3.js add payments for those servers.
  • Finally a fully working web application hosting many kinds of Game Servers (for beta testing planning only Minecraft)

26. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community?
Depends how good project is received, if it gets a lot of traffic from outside sources of people wanting to host Game Servers, and its cheap, I see a lot of potential.

27. Who will use your project when it’s complete?
People who need Game Server for themselves, either that be a Minecraft server to play with friends, or any other game, or hosting a game server for communities like hypixel and making passive income.

28. Will you monetize your project?
I planned having a 10/20% charge on each payment user does on my web app, so if deployment on Akash Network costs 1 AKT, it would be 1.1 AKT for example.
But I also had in mind a free tier of servers for users with low needs, but this would need to be sponsored by Akash.

29. Will you open source your project?
Yes of course.

Product Leadership / Drive:

30. Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values
Cryptocurrency, blockchain, web3 is really interesting to me so this project will be my first bigger project (after SkyChat) utilizing all aspects of web3.

31. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology?
To learn more about it, its so complex and difficult and best way to learn is to get deeper into it, and blockchain being future this is personally something I want to learn.

32. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do?
I think all functionality of my project can be done with way less funding, and its scalable because its running servers on Akash Network, so after funding free tier servers, other things could be a validator node and starting more projects in ecosystem.

33. Who will benefit most from your project?
Anyone needing a Game Server will benefit from simplicity and hopefully being cheaper then competitors, and also Akash Network with streams on new users and traffic to it.

34. How will you help grow the Akash community?
By brining “gaming” community to this web3 world and Akash Network.

35. How will you make Akash approachable to developers?
Project is open source so after github repository, documentation/videos I’m also here to give out support to anyone needing it :slight_smile:

36. How do you think Akash should improve?
Simpler documentation and easier deployment, that’s turning off many users because they give up on trying to deploy something, with that web apps like mine that help the grow the project are helpful as well.

Product Execution:

37. How would you utilize the grant funding?
There is cost for design/frontend, then AKT being locked up for each deployment is something I don’t want users to have to do, so funding is needed there also.

38. Have you already started this work?
Yes.

39. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project?
Design is done, and frontend is just getting started to come in existence, I will update this with github link after enough is done.

40. How will this task be accomplished?
Already in process.

41. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones?

Milestone 1: Completed design and frontend work
Milestone 2: Creating a guide page where user inputs data for server configuration
Milestone 3: Implementing web3.js for connecting wallets and payments for servers
Milestone 4: Figuring out deployment via code to Akash Network
Milestone 5: Fully working web applications where users can easily go through process of configuring servers via UI/UX, and automatic deployments on Akash Network

42. How many months of work will this project require?
Until April/May so around 2/3 months.

43. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project?
Covering my costs is around $1000, and anything above that to support my work is appreciated.

Product Progress:

44. Will you open source your project?
Yes.

45. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete?
Weekly updates on forum/discord, and answering questions on both platforms.

46. Will you report your progress to the community every month?
Yes.

47. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share?
Yes, I can share design in figma.

Developer Associations:

48. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds?
No.

49. Are you associated with any startup communities?
No.

50. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)?
No.

51. Are you associated with any open source projects?
No.

52. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members?
No.

Legalese:

53. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN, US, EU, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes?
No.

54. Are you over the age of 18?
I’m not, turned 17 years old.

1 Like

This is a neat concept and I would love seeing this on Akash! However, I think that some ideas can be thought over a bit more:

But I also had in mind a free tier of servers for users with low needs, but this would need to be sponsored by Akash.

What about having a free tier where users host their own servers through a tunnel of some sort? This would mean that you would only need to host the bandwidth/ports between the end user (e.g a friend), and the host. Furthermore, you can have it so that they are in charge of the backups of their server. Storage can get expensive fast, and if they abuse the server or play a lot it could make GB’s to TB’s of data. You’re talking about a 10-20% fee on paying customers, and you could limit the free deployments based on this - unless you want to turn this into a business, of course. This would probably not work for all games, but maybe the free tier shouldn’t be there for all games either.

(for beta testing planning only Minecraft)

Are other servers/deployment manifests included in your project/budget? This can get expensive/time consuming fast, especially if you want to utilize tunnels to make it as competitive in pricing as possible. Would you need help by the community or additionally any more team members for this? Perhaps a developer fee could be integrated on the webapp to whoever a) builds the original image, and b) actively maintains it.

Hey Figurestudios,

Thanks for taking the time and for your ideas about development.
About servers, whole deploying process is quite unplanned, and its still up to discussion.
Tunnel idea you mentioned is something like playit.gg and for what I aimed for it seems to be best bet, cheaper, safer, may be harder/easier to setup but worth it long term.

About business part, personally I see lot of potential in project in world wide use for game servers so making it profitable would be one of the tasks.
Thinking about it now I see the need to have a actual server and not a tunnel, so including both options of deploying would be appreciated by customers, specially for heavier use.

Writing original post I manifested for every game server I could configure, but didn’t thought it would be that hard/expensive.
I see your idea about developer fee being best to handle this, encouraging developers to work on the project, and having well configured servers from users with background in that field and exact game.