Akash Grant Proposal
Project Title: HandyHost
Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?
HandyHost makes dWeb hosting simple. We bundle Sia, Sentinel (DVPN) and Akash into a single hosting suite that allows end-users/non-programmers to easily rent out storage, bandwidth and hosts for dWeb projects.
Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?
- Make passive-income generation simple through an easy to use GUI application.
- Enable income generation via utility blockchains over a low-energy footprint
- A single project that combines multiple projects with similar goals into one single hosting interface.
- Enable more users to experience the decentralized web without the headaches of running nodes and using a command line, but without giving up the power of running software locally.
Impact: What impact will this project have?
Phase 1: It dramatically increases the resources available on Akash, DVPN and Sia. It creates a healthy ecosystem for renters to scale into.
Phase 2: After we have enabled the hosts to provide assets, we will enable a client facing “Handy GUI” for renters to use the host capacity for Akash, DVPN and Sia projects.
Budget: How much funding will this require?
$100k for our team to:
- Finish up component development
- Complete Functional and Unit testing
- Add additional any training videos & materials/FAQs/etc
- Work with design for any final rounds of design/tweaks to the UI
- Get started on the client-facing “Handy GUI”
- Subsidize any incurred costs in relation to developer tooling, deployment testing, and generally compensating team members for their time and contributions to date.
Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?
We have already completed the entire integration of all the projects and are scheduled for a 10/1/2021 release. We will continue to build and add on to the HandyHost project, and extend it to other dweb focused protocols as it becomes possible and others mature.
Team: Are you looking for additional team members?
No, we have a full staffed team of Product, Design, Engineering and QA/Testing.
Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?
- Github PRs and Changelogs
- Semi-monthly developer calls
- Blogposts and podcast interviews
- Telegram channels for ongoing feature previews
- Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots or videos?
Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!