1. First & Last Name: Michael Zampogna
2. Email Address: email@example.com
**3. Akash Wallet Address: akash1vehg7rc4r0sm7n2wzedhkgm9nxjy56z9kdh8ef
**4. Akashian URI: **
5. Time Zone: UTC + 10:00
6. Language: English
7. Discord Username: jetscholar
**8. Discourse Username: **
9. Github: jetscholar (Michael Zampogna) · GitHub
10. Twitter: https://twitter.com/MichaelZampogna
12. Website: https://www.jetscholar.com
14. Are you a developer or software engineer? I am an IT teacher
15. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network) Yes
16. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network) Played a bit on the testnet
17. Do you have other team members? Yes
18. Are you looking for additional team members? If they match and are keen
19. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? Akash is hiring engineers and contractors. Learn more here: Careers | Akash Network - Possibly in a part time capacity. I am full in on the Akash project.
**20. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft) **
21. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting? - I do not currently use cloud services
22. How did you hear about this program? - On the Akash Twitter feed
**23. What is your project? - This project is an app that pays students in crypto (like BAT) when they complete tasks, connects them with like-minded peers and links them to great teachers. They can use the crypto they earn to pay for sessions or just save and stake it.
24. What is the problem you will solve? - Engaging more students, decrease procrastination and build a nest egg for university or dreams. It has been shown that students will devote more time and effort in their learning for a real reward.
25. What are your goals? - To enrol and connect millions of students worldwide.
26. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community? - Seeking developers from this community to assist in this project, especially those who understand the Cosmos ecosystem.
27. Who will use your project when it’s complete? - Education community(Students, Teachers, Tutors, Parents)
28. Will you monetize your project? - Will need to build a staked foundational fund to provide stability to token value, seeking a few larger investors to park funds until the enterprise becomes self-sustaining.
29. Will you open source your project? - Possibly, unsure at the moment
30. Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values - I am an ex-Silicon Valley Techie who now teaches IT and Physics in Australia. I am passionate about the cause of education and the need to inspire youth to make something great in this world. The most powerful tools are at their fingertips and they can learn them. I am so excited to see my young students develop altruistic apps that solve problems that face their generation. I wish to share this enthusiasm across the planet.
31. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology? - I believe in web3.0. It is the next paradigm and must succeed for our personal privacy and freedoms to survive in the digital age.
32. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do? - Step down from my teaching position and go full time in the development of this app. I would hire 2 or 3 key lieutenants to assist in the realization of the mvp within the shortest possible time frame. We would tackle issues of scalability, great UI and UX, legal issues
33. Who will benefit most from your project? - Students
34. How will you help grow the Akash community? - I would love if this became one of the most used apps on the network. The brain trust of this community would be called upon again and again to help push the limits of what this network can handle.
35. How will you make Akash approachable to developers? - Any IT taught will utilise Akash. Young students will learn about it early in their careers. Current developers seeking a challenge will be called upon as a priority.
**36. How do you think Akash should improve?
- It was a very arcane process initially to deploy on the network. It required 3 software engineers and a bottle of red wine on a Friday night to get something on the testnet. It was a fun exercise and handled but this is clearly in need of improvement for the everyday person.**
**37. How would you utilize the grant funding? - 3-6 month runway: $15-30K AUD operational expense
$15-30K for contract developer(s) in startup phase.
38. Have you already started this work? - Yes
39. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project? - Yes, see above
40. How will this task be accomplished? - The task is broken into 3 initial phases, tasks assigned to team to work on concurrently
**41. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones? -
Phase 1: UI/UX development
Phase 2: Testnet
Phase 3: Scaling
42. How many months of work will this project require? - 3-6 months for product release with an ICO
43. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project? - Round 1 seeding - $60K AUD
44. Will you open source your project? - Possibly, unsure at the moment
45. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete? - via an ICO
46. Will you report your progress to the community every month? Certainly
47. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share? -
Check this early sketch from 2016( sad this wasn’t operational before the pandemic ): Howitworks.wmv - Google Drive
48. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds? - No
49. Are you associated with any startup communities? -No
50. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)? No
51. Are you associated with any open source projects? - No
**52. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members? -No **
53. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN, US, EU, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes? - No
54. Are you over the age of 18? -Yes