2. Email Address:
3. Akash Wallet Address:
4. Akashian URI:
5. Time Zone:
English, Vue2, SQL, ternary
7. Akash Forum Username:
8. Discord Username:
9. Github Username:
10. Twitter Handle:
14. Are you a developer or software engineer?
I’m ranging from sys admin to frontend dev as a hobby
15. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network)
I’m on the discord
16. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network)
17. Do you have other team members?
18. Are you looking for additional team members?
Yes, I will need help from frontend dev
19. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time?
I wish I had time to work on such a great project
20. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft)
21. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting?
22. How did you hear about this program?
**23. What is your project? **
Decentralize reddit on Akash+Filebase. Scraping the actual content from reddit and allowing people to comment on the new version.
People will also be able to create new communities/subs
I am developing a PoC app. Coded in Vue2/Nuxt as a standalone app for Android/iOS but also broswable by all modern browsers
24. What is the problem you will solve?
Allow minorities or other groups with freespeech issues on current social network to express themselves
25. What are your goals?
Giving back freedom to people. Have a place where all political views can express freely, with no intervention from any government or other oppressive entity
26. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community?
I hope this project will seed other ideas to developers and bring more people to the community
27. Who will use your project when it’s complete?
28. Will you monetize your project?
It might get monetized to cover infrastructure expenses or having a donation address but I do this as an ethical goal. My profit will be the liberation of ideas
29. Will you open source your project?
Yes. Anybody can join and improve it.
30. Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values
Freedom, freespeech, opensource, mechanics, travel, nature
31. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology?
It will definitely change the world. As much as digitalization of money changed the world in the previous decades, if not much.
32. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do?
Develop decentralized clones inspired by other social platforms (twitter, pinterest…)
33. Who will benefit most from your project?
People frustrated by censorship and sharing their views in small communities. We could reunite again. Reddit was very libertarian in its inception
34. How will you help grow the Akash community?
As I will promote the project on reddit and other places, I hope this project will attract more dev on Akash to develop other solutions
35. How will you make Akash approachable to developers?
Documenting how I created my project
36. How do you think Akash should improve?
More marketing? not sure about this question
37. How would you utilize the grant funding?
38. Have you already started this work?
Yes, scraping is done. DB is done but needs refactoring… frontend not started yet
39. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project?
40. How will this task be accomplished?
41. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones?
Adding features like linking your reddit credential to the new app, auto-retrieveing the subs you are in and decentralize them in the Akash/Filebase networks. The more people join, the more this new version of reddit will be decentralized
42. How many months of work will this project require?
43. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project?
$2000 to $4000
44. Will you open source your project?
45. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete?
Discord + reddit. Might do some marketing ($$ ?)
46. Will you report your progress to the community every month?
47. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share?
48. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds?
49. Are you associated with any startup communities?
50. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)?
51. Are you associated with any open source projects?
52. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members?
53. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN, US, EU, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes?
54. Are you over the age of 18?