2. Discourse Username:
  3. Github: evergreendrose
  4. Twitter: dylanmrose
  5. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dylan-r-1887b5ba/
  6. Website: https://evergreenminer.com
  7. Blog:

Experience:

1. Are you a developer or software engineer? HW/SW/IoT engineer
  2. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network) Yes
  3. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network) No
  4. Do you have other team members? Yes
  5. Are you looking for additional team members? Yes
  6. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? No
  7. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft) AWS
  8. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting? $500
  9. How did you hear about this program? Andrew Mello

Product Vision:

1. What is your project? Evergreen Miner
  2. What is the problem you will solve?

Energy intensive crypto mining excludes most people from earning passive income. Mining should be easy, accessible and low power so billions of people can earn from P2P networks, and run their own servers without intermediaries.

1. What are your goals?

Let anyone earn on low spec devices and run their own personal server to eliminate middlemen and bank the next billion people on a truly decentralized system.

1. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community?

In the short term the Evergreen Miner will drive demand for plotting as a service on Akash and soon allow users to contribute CPU power to Akash. As Evergreen’s network scales, Akash will have more power, and more users for its workloads.

1. Who will use your project when it’s complete?

Anyone wants to mine crypto, earn passive income, and try web3 without middlemen.

1. Will you monetize your project?

Yes, Evergreen is a consumer device which is sold for profit.

1. Will you open source your project?

Parts of our source will be open.

Product Leadership / Drive:

1. Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values?

I’ve been building devices since I was 13, helped Amazon design new products, and founded 2 consumer wearable companies. I believe consumer hardware is the best way to get novel technology in the hands of everyone. When I stumbled into mining I was astounded that I could make money in my sleep from a computer and no one could stop me. Sharing this experience with as many people as possible has become Evergreen’s ultimate mission. We value self sovereignty, access to money, and access to compute and believe peer to peer, distributed networks are strong and unstoppable. Evergreen’s Co-Founder and CEO, Grant Cermak, has been creating new technology and leading businesses for over 20 years. As the former CSO at Exodus Wallet, Grant brings world-class blockchain architecture. We’ve brought on top members from the Chia Ecosystem and are ready to bring Evergreen to the world.

1. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology?

Networks must be distributed and anyone must be able to earn from fees in order for the network to last. Cryptocurrency has been theorized for decades, but when mining was invented for BTC, it finally found market fit. Satoshi believed in 1 cpu 1 vote, and Evergreen wants to fulfill this mission. Too many compromises have been made in blockchain, leading to downtime, theft, and a few intermediaries making most of the money. My aspiration is to make peer owned networks a reality by giving people access to miners and personal servers that are unstoppable.

1. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do?

We would expand our team, finalize our supply chain, and build 2,500 devices.

1. Who will benefit most from your project?

Anyone interested in crypto, passive income, and self-sovereignty. Plotting as a service providers on Akash looking for customers. People looking to run their applications on a peer owned network.

1. How will you help grow the Akash community?

Evergreen will drive usage and demand for plotting as a service providers, and support web3 native apps that run Akash workloads. We believe that Evergreen will help get tens thousand new users for Akash on both the supply and demand side this year, and millions in the long term.

1. How will you make Akash approachable to developers?

We will give developers direct access to users who are running servers, have assets in a secure wallet, and who are excited to try new technology. We will develop an SDK to help developers deploy Akash workloads and Web3 apps through Evergreen.

1. How do you think Akash should improve?

It is unclear how many validators Akash is running, which is critical to the security of the network. Distribution is key to an unstoppable network, and PoS is generally not very distributed. It would be interesting to see Akash move to a PoST-like consensus mechanism to bring Nakamoto consensus to the platform.

Product Execution:

1. How would you utilize the grant funding?

We have a team of seasoned engineers who will prioritize the Akash integration. Once it is live we will focus on marketing the service through the Evergreen device as well as supporting standalone website for plot download. Additionally we’d like to subsidize plots for early adopters.

1. Have you already started this work?

Yes, we are developing a cloud based service for accepting BTC, Chia, and USD for plots made on the Akash network, and a system to communicate with the Evergreen device. Our device and companion app are in the final stages of production, before mass production is ready.

1. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project?
  1. How will this task be accomplished?

We are working closely with JM hands at Chia, and Andrew Mello at Akash to integrate a cloud based system for ordering plots on Akash. JM has the largest plot provider on Akash, and with our existing reach and customer base we will be able to draw demand immediately.

1. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones?

I. Cloud based plotting website that accepts Crypto and USD, that lets users get started on Chia and Akash with one click.

II. End to end integration into Evergreen devices so users can download plots at home to their dedicated server.

III. Prototype of running Akash workloads on Evergreen

IIII. Production release for running Akash workloads on Evergreen

1. How many months of work will this project require? 8 months
  2. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project? $100,000

Product Progress:

1. Will you open source your project?

One click plot creation and download, and Akash workloads for Evergreen will be open source.

1. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete?

The community can get an Evergreen device to test out functionality, enable dev mode to make apps themselves, and use our SDK to develop deeper integrations with the Evergreen network.

1. Will you report your progress to the community every month?

Yes via AMA, blog, discord posts.

1. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share?

chia asic miner prototype - YouTube

Developer Associations:

1. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds?

Yes, we are working with Backend Capital, Irulast, Seedsout Alpha

1. Are you associated with any startup communities?

The XCH foundation, JamPad

1. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)? No
  2. Are you associated with any open source projects?

Chia, Raspberry Pi, Chia-crypto-utils, Cosmos SDK

1. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members?

Andrew Mello, Alani Kuye

Legalese:

1. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN-, US-, EU-, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes?*No
  2. Are you over the age of 18?Yes