- Project Title: Evergreen Miner
A mining device that takes no energy to run, and powers a true P2P internet.
- Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?
Make it dead simple to mine chia, and download plots from the Akash network through a plug and play device with a mobile application.
- Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?
Create an end user solution for miners to download plots from Akash providers with a single click. We are in the final stages of our production device and mobile application and will be integrating plot download via Akash hosted on our own relayer service.
- Impact: What impact will this project have?
Evergreen Miner will drive demand for Akash plotting services, deepening the ties between Chia and Akash, as well as provide Akash with more CPU power from our peer owned network. Evergreen believes in the power of the personal server, which utilizes web3 without intermediaries. We believe Akash is a fantastic ecosystem that will ensure Evergreen and its users don’t go through centralized intermediaries. The power of Akash, Chia, and Evergreen will be clear as people get started via a simple, low entry, plug and play device.
- Budget: How much funding will this require?
Evergreen is seeking $100,000 to facilitate the initial roll out of 10,000 devices, and subsidize plotting for our early adopters. Evergreen will then build out the infrastructure and interface to help Evergreen Miners earn on Akash and run appropriate workload.
- Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?
We will deploy 10000 devices over the next 9 months, with an end-user plot download proof of concept ready within 6 weeks. Evergreen will enable devices to be an Akash provider within 6 months.
- Team: Are you looking for additional team members?
No, we have a great team of Hardware, Blockchain, and Mobile engineers and are already working closely with Andrew Mello.
- Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?
Weekly reports, and monthly AMAs, as well as consistent updates to the device through the mobile applications.
- Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?