Educational-Akash Round #1 (short: EDU-Akash #1)
Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?
Akash is both hard to find, and hard to use. Docker is usually pretty hard to get started with for newer users. This project will help combat that by spreading easy-to-follow tutorials via guest posts on blogs and various social media.
Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?
With this funding, I hope to create:
- 2x Reddit Posts on r/CC: How to host a website and host a Minecraft server on Akash. The persistent storage will make it possible to make them a bit easier to follow. They will be similar to this** post, with step-by-step instructions, and targeted towards non-techie people. These may be cross-posted in other communities as well, other than just r/akashnetwork.
- Medium Post: How to acquire AKT. This will be updated across the entire span of this project and will be useful in the onboarding process of certain users, as we are still waiting for testnet.
- Assist in creating YouTube tutorials and fund sponsorships for niche topics such as possibly dockerizing and shipping advanced net code, getting the word out there on how to host a Minecraft server, and getting the word out on how to mine various crypto’s on Akash. I will put up advertisements in a Discord channel I moderate regarding finding YouTuber’s for the net code specifically.
I have also planned to create these tutorials, but these are only related to the project if I can get them out as guest posts instead of Medium Posts. Funding and contacts will decide that.
- Medium Post: How to Create and Host a Simple Game Server on Akash.
- Medium Post: How to Create and Host a Discord Bot on Akash.
- Medium Post: How to Create and Host a Steam Bot on Akash.
This will steer thousands of eyes to Akash and its ecosystem. With YouTube videos especially, it will be easy to get the users to follow the tutorials and get their deployments active. It should also be easy to get a lot of views on these videos, as it would be a collaborative effort between me and someone with an audience. If all goes well, I will be working on getting another round of this project active.
Impact: What impact will this project have?
By providing visibility and tutorials, there will be more users on the network and fewer beginner questions. Users will be more educated and more plentiful. This will lead to more general awareness about Akash, and more developers willing to use Akash for their deployments.
Budget: How much funding will this require?
$10,000. This comes down to about $1,000 per guide, including development, fine-tuning, and sponsorship costs if they are relevant. See the goals for how I want to spend and earn it. If it’s successful and it comes a round 2, we will see if this number is too much, just right, or too little - and adjust accordingly.
Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?
This project is planned to begin after the v0.15.0 release with persistent storage. This is so that we may skip the need to include databases in every single tutorial. A few of these guides will have to wait for the testnet release, to make it easier to board. The others will include a link to the tutorial on the various ways to get AKT. I will approximate every guide to take up to a month, but they should come out bi-weekly, on average, if all goes well.
Team: Are you looking for additional team members?
No, but if you have any social outlets you could contact me to work together.
Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?
When every guide is finished, I will cross-post it on the r/akashnetwork subreddit. It will also be visible in the outlet where it is relevant, whether that’s r/CC, some blog, or a Youtube channel.
Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?
Yes. I have made this guide* on medium with about 300 views. It is a perfect example of how someone can go from 0 experience to their own deployed application on Akash. This has only been promoted in Akash channels, so it hasn’t reached a lot of new users, but it has helped a few ones who have already found Akash. I will also make guides in this** fashion to share on r/CC, but each post is a huge gamble in how well it does. It can reach dozens to thousands of r/CC members - and if it does reach thousands, it will very well be worth it.
´* Developing & Deploying on Akash. This guide will go through the… | by figurestudios | Oct, 2021 | Medium
** NOT AN AKASH GUIDE, BUT I WILL USE THE SAME CONTENT STYLE https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/r1z2y5/backing_up_your_photos_on_the_dweb