Docker Swarm for Akash

Project Title:

Enabling users to user Docker Swarm with Akash with DockerSwarm on the instances and a cli tool for managing deployments

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

Deploying clusters can be a bit cumbersome currently. Most big deployments to prod involve a cluster. Kubernetes is on the way but the overheads of that can be quite high. We are already using docker-compose, we can use swarm with minimal changes

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

Personally I want to be able to deploy redis and elasticsearch clusters on Akash. Currently working on an app that needs them for a production setup

Impact: What impact will this project have?

People can deploy bigger apps on Akash. they’ll be able to test them locally as well with a docker swarm setup

Budget: How much funding will this require?

Range of 10-20k overall.

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

Initial version within 2 sprints (i.e 2-4 weeks). I expect the project will evolve but feature completion for a first version would be 8-12 weeks

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

Yes.

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

Github, Weekly dev calls, We’d have a feature list as well and have a set of apps we support

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

None at the moment

1 Like

Hello,
This sounds like an interesting project. Keep us informed on your progress towards a working Alpha or Beta, and we will be happy to have you present to the CAB for funding.

Alani