Deploy static site to AKASH network

Introduction

I have a personal blog site hosted on AWS. It is built automatically using AWS CodePipeline (CI/CD) and AWS CodeBuild.

After reading the AKASH project, I have a plan to deploy my current blog site https://skywirex.com/ (Hugo static site) to the Akash network.

• First stage: running mirror site at http://beta.skywirex.com (beta sub-domain) and HNS domain skywirex

• Second stage (SSL support - not at this time): running my site at skywirex.com with SSL certificate on AKASH network after AKASH support SSL certificates.

Goal

The static website (Generated by Hugo) will be deployed to the AKASH network every new version with a simple git push command.

Pushing to GitHub repo will trigger an automated build process that will generate a static site, package them in an Nginx image, add a new image to Docker Hub, deploy a new container on AKASH.

Tools

Stage 1:

Hugo for static site generator,
Docker for containers,
Watchtower for keeping the latest Docker image running on your site.

Stage 2: (not at this time)

Hugo for static site generator,
Docker for containers,
Cloudflare SSL certificate or Let’s Encrypt for free.
Watchtower for keeping the latest Docker image running on your site.

Results

I will write a guide (English) on medium and my site (Vietnamese) after a successful deployment.

RISK: I am not a developer so the idea may not become true. Please correct me if there is a mistake on the above plan. Thank you.

Sorry due to the limitation of posted links (only 2) so I can not insert more link to the post.

Sounds like a cool idea

1 Like

This is my forum medium post. Finally, I moved my blog to Akash network.

@gosuri I have tried to configure uris with my handshake domain by adding top level domain to deploy.yml file. But when I updated deploy.yml it always say errors. Could you please help me in this case. I see your blog deployment successfully on Akash network. Thank you.

Hello,
the regex to validate hostnames is too strict for handshake domains. At the moment you have to use a subdomain in front of your handshake domain to make it work. Like “www.skywirex”.
There is a open issue on github for this: Handshake Domains · Issue #1292 · ovrclk/akash · GitHub

2 Likes