CyberDungeon Hack : A Dungeons & Dragons style Game based on Akash

Hello , I am Kiven , a programmer and hacker, like science fiction and magic games. I have also used some tools to write games,such as Unity3D or Cocos-x. When I came into contact with the blockchain world, it seemed to open the door to the magical world. When I stepped into this door, my first thought was to build a game. Different from games stored on centralized servers, blockchain games allow everyone to have their own role. It is of great significance of the player to hold the soul of the role, that is, the private key.

Project Title:

CyberDungeon Hack

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

When the game is stored in the company’s centralized server, all we have is the right to use the character, and the player is only the customer of the game company. Once the server is shut down, the role disappears. When the game scene, game logic, game characters, and social relationships are stored on the blockchain, players will become the real masters of the game, free to explore, trade, and even customize their own game characters.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

lol,My goal is not ambitious, I just want to make a decentralized, Dungeons and Dragons style game,The background of the game refers to the setting background of novels such as Snow Crash and Neuromancer, the traditional dungeon master will be replaced by smart contracts,
Players can make various choices in the game and produce different results to determine the direction of the entire game storyline. The smart contract determines the next scenario that the player will face according to the rules of the game, such as what encounters and interactions occur during the adventure. The background and the result of the player’s actions. In the game, you can obtain equipment with different attributes, and the character can also grow. Game characters and equipment are produced in the form of NFT, and tokens are also used as in-game currency. These are all freely tradeable.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

If I have to talk about influence, I think it will bring more experience than traditional games: like your game character is no longer the data on the server, it may scare the children in the activities held, you can choose Play, give away, and trade. If this game can make more people understand and like the blockchain, it would be better.

Budget: How much funding will this require?

the cost of sound effects, art, programming, etc,are added together, maybe $5000 is needed? But I’m developing these independently, maybe I can find some open source, free material.

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

I plan to complete the game framework in 1.5 months and the art in February. The sound effects are a bit difficult because I am not good at arranging music. I think I can use a month to try to find some free ones, or find a collaborator. The remaining 1 month is used to debug the game, fix some details, and conduct security tests.

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

I don’t have this idea yet, but if there are like-minded people with me, I’m also very welcome.

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

I hope to perform by posting on the forum.

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

At present there are some program codes and simple flowcharts.

1 Like