Build a scalable Solana RPC cluster on Akash

Project Title: Build a scalable Solana RPC cluster on Akash.

Hello everyone! I’m attempting the following bounty: Solana on Akash (1000 AKT) | ovrclk Funded Issue Detail | Gitcoin | Gitcoin and am requesting some funding so I can deploy a docker image that runs a Solana RPC cluster on Akash!

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

The problem is the absence of a meta package of Solana SDK based docker images that allows Solana Decs to Have a (dedicated) Solana RPC clusters running on Akash network that’s local to developer’s app .

By running Deidicated Solana RPC cluster on Akash it will allow Devs at 1/3 of the costs relative to AWS, to autoscale based on user demand, relax rate limits according to their application, and have peace of mind that other applications’ users won’t crowd their’s out.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

A meta package of Solana SDK-based docker images and configuration meant to make deploying onto Akash easy and standardized for Solana.

Milestones To Achieve:

• Fully Load Balanced RPC cluster
  • Code sample in a public repository (GitHub)
  • Detailed guide for users to deploy the cluster
  • Git-based deploy flow to updates to RPC server
  • Multi-sig for Deploy Keys

Impact: What impact will this project have?

Impact will be, to have a simple way to launch Solana RPC clusters on Akash network, with a variety of different bootstrapping options

Budget: How much funding will this require?

$100 in initial funding for the project. (expenses to test code deploy to Akash network).

Address: akash1aya4kpkqqakrgs88yq9pt27uc8rcs3qrvrlw9j

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

The Goal is to finish the project in the next 17 days (Starting: 10/9/21) in order to have a eligible submission for the hackathon.

On the other side Improvements to the Github Repo. will continue by community members through pull requests as long as community demands.

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

Looking forward for anyone to join, just reach out over discord and DM me.

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

Reporting will be based on a 3-day based time intervals.

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

I am going to base workflow to look like work done on currently existed Github Repo https://github.com/ovrclk/cosmos-omnibusaiming to deploy Cosmos Chains to Akash.

3 Likes