Avalanche Node Setup Guide

Hey Community!

We want to provide a decentralized space that can be used by everyone including other blockchains to create a more censorship-resistant decentralized future. Avalanche is a wonderful blockchain project and it seems a guide might be needed to help everyone get started deploying nodes on Akash.

So, with the simple goal of helping another blockchain, we wanted to approach the community for support. We thought the best way to teach others how to do this is by the community showcasing their knowledge of the process!

Ask:

Create a “Deploy onto Akash : Setting up an Avalanche Node” guide

Reward:

• 250 AKT to the best deployment guide
  • We will post and credit the writer of this guide on the Akash blog
  • You might even get a little swag for your effort. :wink:

If you’d like to participate, follow the steps below:

1. Draft a “Deploy onto Akash : Setting up an Avalanche Node” Guide
  2. Reply to this post and share your draft below.
  3. We will review all entrants
  4. One winner will be selected
  5. We will edit your post if needed, create a graphic for it, post to our social channels and add the winning guide onto the Akash blog!

:star: Bonus points - Create a video of the process to go along with the written guide.

Deadline for submissions is 9/4

If you have any questions, let us know in the thread below.

Thanks all, we can’t wait to review your submissions!

5 Likes

Hi, im interested on working on this guide, but im confused about what would be deployed on akash, avalanche provider? or something else and im totally wrong?

This would be for a blockchain validator node.

It is interesting! Friend, but give me at least some initial data for launching your node? where can i find them?

My best suggestion would be to check these docs out Run an Avalanche Node - Avalanche

Did anyone made any submission? I’m new to Akash wanted to use it for my Validator. Is there any getting start video to understand the process involved.

We are extending the deadline to the weekend! The new date is updated in the OP.

This is still happening. As soon as we close the competition we will post the winning guide.

@mando222 Can I post it in parts? Because it is a bit long.

Hi Guys, we are doing really nice Guide. I hope the 4th of September is still inculded in time box =)

Hi Mando! We are ready with the Guide. Can we share it with you through the discord DM please? I send you a friend request. My discord name is Skyman | Let’s Node#5805.

Hi Guys, Is the any summitted for this competition? I wanted to read to understand to migrate few of my Validator nodes to Akash cloud.

Yes we have guide, just waiting for Mando222

I’ll forward to the guide.

1 Like

Feel free to post it here. If you need to DM me I am EricZ-akash on discord

From @Skyman_Let_s_Node earlier Deploy onto Akash : Setting up an Avalanche Node — Teletype

Sorry just saw this fell through the cracks. Feel free to post it to github or another blog and just send me a link.

I somehow missed this. I’ll send it to you tomorrow.