AKASHSTARTER Launchpad for new projects that will be hosted on Akash network

Project Title

AKASH STARTER

Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

Unfortunately, there are not so many projects yet that are hosted on Akash network.

Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

We suggest building a community where new projects can search for funding and investors can invest and make profit. Projects for funding are filtered by community votes. The main requirement for project is that it must be hosted on Akash servers . So if community will vote on quality projects, and one or more of the projects from AKASHSTARTER succeeds it will be the best advertisment for Akash ecosystem.

There are three main roles involved in the AKASHSTARTER protocol:
● Projects
● Investors
● Voters

Projects: Can use funding for their project and reach for Akash comminuty support.

Investors: Can invest in new projects using tier system. They will come to the AKASHSTARTER dapp, a simple web based UI, to take part in a project’s IDO.

Voters: Can filter projects, and vote on AKASHSTARTER community development

• Also this will be not just usual launchpad - we will rate each project that participates in launchpad, like give grades for team experience/freshness of idea/attractiveness of tokenomicsfor investor / give project updates etc, and give our reccomendations.

Impact: What impact will this project have?

There will be more projects hosted on akash network. there will be more community engagement. And more people will know about akash

Budget: How much funding will this require?

$100k

Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

It depends. For mvp ~1 month,
6 months and more for everything else - there can be many more functions: governance/voting tab, mobile app, and many more - it’s actually endless process - there is always something to improve

Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

not really but why not

Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

weekly calls/trello/telegram channel updates

Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

This is an example how governance tab may look like:
The idea is to connect and vote using your wallet and also link a nickname to wallet address, so some members should have more voting power:

SIDE NOTE:

My project is somehow similar to current Akash grant program, It came nearly at the same time as Colin’s idea:)

I’d like to note key differences:

-Akash starter is more focused on users which will fund new projects while current grant program is using akash foundation cash :slight_smile:
(like Users will fund and chose projects and they will do this from their pocket) and it’s more about monetization - there will be less non-profit projects for example:)

Despite this differences I believe my project could really benefit current grant programm (for example - I can build the voting/governance functionallity according to current grant program needs (on previous CAB meeting call 26.08 someone asked for similar voting functions btw:)

Very cool idea. I also like the idea of this application being hosted on Akash.
I’ve seen some interesting projects that do this well:

https://www.devxdao.com/

I don’t think this would replace the Akash grant program but rather this would provide the tooling to replace this forum with a better tool.

2 Likes

thanks for link, and yeah that’s what i thought

@colin.lowenberg Colin, created addtional topic in grants AKASH STARTER - Launchpad for new projects that will be hosted on Akash network - #2 by jessy.james

Is it possible to get funding for this?