Akashlytics Developer Grant

• Project Title: Akashlytics

• Problem Statement: What is the problem you will solve?

• The main problem we are trying to solve is the ease of use of all the current and future features of the Akash Network using a GUI. One other problem we like to solve and improve is the access to more and better analytics on the network. Currently, Akashlytics is the main app to view the network’s usage, but is pretty basic and some stats are not calculated in the most efficient and precise way.
  • Goals: What are you aiming to accomplish?

• Make using Akash as easy and smooth as possible.
    • Improve the analytics on the network for better KPIs to promote on social media.
    • Decrease the time to deploy.
    • Better management of deployments and billing
    • Provide guides to deploy on akash

Specific projects:

• Data node api
      • The api will contain more endpoints related to the usage of akash and historical data
      • Will be used for akashlytics and web3-index. Could be used by the Akash team, or any other organization/individual wanting to build something with the analytics or showcase in a blog
      • Api documentation
      • Hosted version with free access
      • Open source with ability to deploy on your own for free
      • Could be used to integrate with TheGraph
    • Akashlytics block explorer
      • Currently the best blockchain explorer for Akash is mintscan. However, it doesn’t contain the data related deployments, leases, etc.
      • Transactions with more details
      • We will build the best explorer for akash specifically.
      • View all transactions related to an address or deployment
      • Automatic price comparison with big cloud providers.
    • Akashlytics Deploy
      • Support wallet creation
      • Integrate with Akash faucet to speed up time to deploy
      • Template gallery/manager
      • Send akt transactions
      • Integrate price api, to view prices in USD or local currency
      • Price estimate and forecast
      • SDL Gui editor
      • Transform into web app if possible
    • Guides and more content to support the new and existing users

What’s next?

• More projects to explore after this grant…
      • Email notifications on events related to the blockchain
      • SDL marketplace
  • Impact: What impact will this project have?

• Increase drastically the adoption of the network.
    • Improve marketing possibilities with more stats to share on social media
  • Budget: How much funding will this require?

• 100k for:
    • Product/Development (2)
    • Design and branding (1)
    • Certification for desktop app on windows/macos/linux (it will increase the trust and remove security check steps)
      • Business registration to obtain the right certificates to sign the packages
    • Subsidize any incurred costs to developer tooling, deployment testing, and generally compensating team members for their time and contributions to date.
  • Timeline: What is the timeline for accomplishing this task?

• Needs to be established. We can set multiple milestones as we intend to work on multiple projects.
  • Team: Are you looking for additional team members?

• No, we have a complete team for the moment.
  • Reporting: How will you report your progress to the community (e.g. weekly calls, reports)?

• We’re already on a weekly call with Akash every wednesday, don’t plan on stopping.
    • We will promote every time something is achieved on twitter/telegram/discord
      • Akashlytics discord channel used as a place to chat about potential features, bugs, etc.
    • A twitter account will be made for Akashlytics
    • Github repos are public and can be monitored with commits
    • Blog section on Akashlytics with roadmap
  • Design: Do you have any mock ups or screenshots?

• Akashlytics
    • For future projects, not available at the moment.

Little context about the two founders of Akashlytics… We’ve been working together for almost a decade on various development projects. More noticeably, for 4 years we were building a complete marketplace from scratch for fashion brands. The marketplace included a modern frontend and backend architecture, social media features, 2 admin dashboards, features for ai training and finance, and many more. We learned a lot about building scalable and useful software and are eager to apply all that knowledge to Akashlytics.

We’ve already completed a successful project in partnership with Akash; the web3-index, an api that calculates the network revenues on a daily basis. Our efforts were rewarded with 10k usd, so we’re ready to go to the next phase. Ref.: The Web3 Index - Akash

As well as Akashlytics and the deploy tool.

Here are some stats from the past 3 months…

Akashlytics:

8.1k users 160k views

Akashlytics Deploy:

803 users 81.5k sessions

12.3k successful transactions

3.5k new deployments

2.8k new leases

Cheers!

Edit: the good format for developer grants

1. First & Last Name: (optional) Maxime Beauchamp

2. Email Address: maxime.beauchamp@akashlytics.com

3. Akash Wallet Address: akash13265twfqejnma6cc93rw5dxk4cldyz2zyy8cdm

4. Akashian URI:

5. Time Zone: GMT-4

6. Language: English

Social Networks

1. Akash Forum Username: baktun14

2. Discord Username: baktun14

3. Github Username: baktun14

4. Twitter Handle: thereisnomax

5. LinkedIn:

6. Website: www.akashlytics.com

7. Blog:

Experience:

1. Are you a developer or software engineer? Software engineer

2. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network) Yes, I’m a moderator.

3. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network) Yes, akashlytics.com runs on akash and other random deployments.

4. Do you have other team members? Yes, one.

5. Are you looking for additional team members? No.

6. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? When the time will be right.

7. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft) GCP

8. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting? ~500$

9. How did you hear about this program? Heard about it directly from the team.

Product Vision:

**23. What is your project? **

1. What is the problem you will solve? See above.

2. What are your goals? See above.

3. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community? See above.

4. Who will use your project when it’s complete? See above.

5. Will you monetize your project? See above.

6. Will you open source your project? See above.

Product Leadership / Drive:

1. Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values.

I’ve been working for 8 years in the software industry. I’m passionate about new technologies like blockchain and entrepreneurship. I value leadership, integrity, respect and authenticity. Like you’ve all seen since the beginning of my journey with Akash, I always give more than I tend to receive in terms of time, effort, support and leadership. We’re extremely dedicated to making Akash and Akashlytics successful. We will do whatever it takes for it to happen. We are hungry.

1. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology?

I think blockchain technology is one of the most disruptive technologies of our era, in many sectors, mostly finance, but like Akash has proved, cloud as well and I want to be part of it as much as possible.

1. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do?

I would first continue to build the project we’ve already started, and more, but at a much faster pace. I would try to get mentored by some key successful individuals in the space and form a small board committee to make sure the funds are used in the most efficient way. Then I would execute the carefully crafted plan in a high intensity and agile way, because every good plan always ends up taking a few turns.

1. Who will benefit most from your project?

I think developers, new and experienced, will be the most impacted by the deploy tool, as it is already the case. As for the data node api and the block explorer, everyone using akash in general will benefit from it. Last but not least, Akash will benefit from all the growth these tools will bring.

1. How will you help grow the Akash community?

By providing these tools for free and promoting them on all channels, giving more exposure to akash.

1. How will you make Akash approachable to developers?

By simplifying the process of creating a wallet to get funds, create and manage deployments.

1. How do you think Akash should improve?

I think Akash needs to be better at communicating what’s going on internally. The roadmap was a great and very essential step for visibility and transparency, but sometimes I feel like there are moments when Akash is just sitting in the shadows. For example, a new version of akash was silently released recently which had breaking changes for all the deploy tools.

Product Execution:

1. How would you utilize the grant funding? See above.

2. Have you already started this work? Yes, akashlytics.com/deploy

3. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project? Yes, GitHub - Akashlytics/akashlytics-deploy: Desktop app to easily deploy on the Akash Network. and GitHub - Akashlytics/akashlytics

4. How will this task be accomplished? A lot of designing and coding.

5. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones?

• Deploy Phase 1: Akashlytics Deploy
    • Support wallet creation
    • Integrate with Akash faucet to speed up time to deploy
    • Send akt transactions
    • Integrate price api, to view prices in USD or local currency
  • Akashytics Phase 1: Data node api
    • The api will contain more endpoints related to the usage of akash and historical data
    • Will be used for akashlytics and web3-index. Could be used by the Akash team, or any other organization/individual wanting to build something with the analytics or showcase in a blog
    • Build the rich database
    • Make useful api endpoints
    • Api documentation
    • Hosted version with free access
    • Open source with ability to deploy on your own for free
    • Could be used to integrate with TheGraph
  • Deploy Phase 2: Akashlytics Deploy
    • Template gallery/manager
    • Price estimate and forecast
    • SDL Gui editor
    • Transform into web app if possible
  • Akashytics Phase 2: Akashlytics block explorer
    • Currently the best blockchain explorer for Akash is mintscan. However, it doesn’t contain the data related deployments, leases, etc.
    • Transactions with more details
    • We will build the best explorer for akash specifically.
    • View all transactions related to an address or deployment
    • Automatic price comparison with big cloud providers.
  • Guides and more content to support the new and existing users
  1. How many months of work will this project require? ~6 months

2. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project? See above.

Product Progress:

1. Will you open source your project? See above.

2. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete? See above.

3. Will you report your progress to the community every month? See above.

4. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share? See above.

Developer Associations:

1. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds? No

2. Are you associated with any startup communities? No

3. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)? No

4. Are you associated with any open source projects? No

5. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members? No

Legalese:

1. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN, US, EU, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes? No

2. Are you over the age of 18? Yes

19 Likes

I have been following this site consistently since it’s launch. I’ve also used the deploy tool you developed to deploy PKT miners. Just wanted to drop by to say thanks, and my enthusiasm about this grant.

3 Likes

I love this product.
I guess people who are lazy like me won’t use CLI at first. Personally I didn’t deploy anything until ui was available.
Although higher level CLI tools are needed to abstract away the blockchain parts like transaction creation, deployments monitoring and etc, I think UIs like akashlytics deploy would still gain a lot of usage because not all people use CLIs. Also using the UI is much much easier to get started.

I like the idea of " * Transform into web app if possible" too.

3 Likes

I appreciate you!

1 Like

Yes I think both the cli and ui tools are necessary for the proper diverse adoption Akash needs. Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

I think someone is getting a grant approved

4 Likes

It is hard to quantify how much Akashlytics has contributed to the Akash community, I support this grant.

6 Likes

Thanks Greg, means a lot! Wouldn’t be possible without you and the rest of the team.

4 Likes