My proposal consists in building a Terraform provider for the Akash Network to manage its resources.
1. First & Last Name: (optional)
2. Email Address:
3. Akash Wallet Address:
4. Akashian URI:
5. Time Zone:
Western European Summer Time
7. Discord Username:
8. Discourse Username:
13. Blog or YouTube Channel:
14. Are you a developer or software engineer?
15. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network)
16. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network)
17. Do you have other team members?
18. Are you looking for additional team members?
Open for contributions
19. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? Akash is hiring engineers and contractors.
Not at the moment
20. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft)
All of them, multi-cloud products
21. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting?
At a personal level not much, mostly free trials and student accounts
22. How did you hear about this program?
Through an Akash team member
23. What is your project?
My project is a Terraform provider of Akash Network resources
24. What is the problem you will solve?
The lack of tools for developers and introduce IaC solutions to provision Akash Network resources and workloads easily.
25. What are your goals?
To have a working provider and allow the community to contribute.
26. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community?
It will help speed the process of deploying on Akash as well as simplifying it and allowing for IaC use cases.
27. Who will use your project when it’s complete?
Any developer that wants to provision Akash infrastructure
28. Will you monetize your project? How?
No, it will be open source. Would accept donations to help on the development.
29. Will you open source your project?
30. Briefly tell us about yourself, your passion, your values
I’m a Cloud Engineer. I love building software and automate stuff. I value joy doing your job and engineer excellence of the people and products I work with.
31. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology?
I’m really curious to see how the web3 space grows.
32. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do?
Probably help funding other projects and build more features around the provider. The easier it is to deploy on Akash, the more it will be able to grow.
33. Who will benefit most from your project?
Every developer and Ops team that wants to deploy on Akash.
34. How will you help grow the Akash community?
By allowing an easier deployment process.
35. How will you make Akash approachable to developers?
Terraform is widely used to provision infrastructure and services and a lot of developers are already familiar on how it works, so they will be able to approach the Akash Network with something that they recognise.
36. How do you think Akash should improve?
On my modest opinion it should figure out ways to make it easier to buy AKT and maybe some kind of portal similar to the Azure portal where resources can be managed easily, something like Akashlytics deploy tool but on the browser.
37. How would you utilize the grant funding?
Use it to test the provider and develop features
38. Have you already started this work?
Yes I’ve built a PoC that’s functional
39. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project?
Only a GitHub repository yet
40. How will this task be accomplished?
41. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 milestones?
MVP (working provider for deployments) → Community feedback and contributions, improvements → Other resources such as certificates & QOL improvements → Terraform provider listing & website
42. How many months of work will this project require?
Depends on the actual time I have to dedicate. I’m currently building it on my free time and as a necessity for my business.
43. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project?
I do not expect a lot of required funding. Will need some to keep testing deployment creation and hosting the website and support services that I might require. The 100$ grant will suffice for some time.
44. Will you open source your project?
45. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete?
Try to list it as an official Terraform provider, write a blog post and share with the Akash team and community on the Discord server
46. Will you report your progress to the community every month?
47. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share?
48. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds?
49. Are you associated with any startup communities?
50. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)?
51. Are you associated with any open source projects?
52. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members?
53. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN, US, EU, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes? No
54. Are you over the age of 18? Yes