Developer Award Application
Proposal: Akash Primer Website
- First & Last Name: (optional)
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Akash Wallet Address: akash19elqrxwrrl5cm3gfezs04fyefmxc4hkgshkqnc
- Akashian URI:
- Time Zone: UTC + 1
- Language: English
- Discord Username: oiclid#4024
- Discourse Username: oiclid
- Github: iamoiclid · GitHub, oiclid (oiclid) · GitHub
- Website: https://iamoiclid.github.io/
- Blog: https://oiclid.medium.com
- Are you a developer or software engineer? Yes
- Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network) Yes
- Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network) Testnet
- Do you have other team members? Yes. An illustrator and a copywriter
- Are you looking for additional team members? No
- Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? Akash is hiring engineers and contractors. Learn more here: Careers | Akash Network Not now
- What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft) AWS, GCP, Azure, Digital Ocean, Heroku
- How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting? $25 - $100
- How did you hear about this program? Discord
- What is your project? An Akash Primer: an illustrated website that allows newcomers to quickly understand what the Akash Network is all about.
- What is the problem you will solve? It would give newcomers a quick overview of the Akash Network, and why it is a viable alternative to GCD, AWS, etc.
- What are your goals? Create an easy-to-understand introduction to Akash for new and advanced developers.
- What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community? Serve as a quick and easy reference.
- Who will use your project when it’s complete? New and advanced users of the Akash network
- Will you monetize your project? No
- Will you open source your project? Yes
Product Leadership / Drive:
- Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values: I am a developer who loves privacy and security, looks forward to the proliferation of decentralized apps and services, and wants to make blockchain accessible to all.
- What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology? I hope it becomes ubiquitous and accessible to everyone.
- If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do?
- Who will benefit most from your project? Akash newbies
- How will you help grow the Akash community?
- How will you make Akash approachable to developers?
- How do you think Akash should improve?
- How would you utilize the grant funding? It would be spent paying for the services of the illustrator & copywriter, as well development and hosting costs.
- Have you already started this work? No
- Do you have a GitHub or website for your project? GitHub - ZeroDiv42/AkashPrimer
- How will this task be accomplished? The 3 different parts (web development, illustration, and copy writing) would take place concurrently
- How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones?
- Wireframe design (1 week)
- Illustration (6 weeks)
- Copy writing (6 weeks)
- Web development and testing (6 weeks)
- Content Review (1 week)
- Integrating content and site deployment (3 days)
- How many months of work will this project require? 8 weeks
- What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project? $4000
- Will you open source your project? Yes
- How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete? Forum and Blog posts to be shared on the Forum, Discord, Telegram, and Twitter.
- Will you report your progress to the community every month? Yes
- Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share? No
- Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds? No
- Are you associated with any startup communities? No
- Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)? No
- Are you associated with any open source projects? Stacks, NEAR, & Joystream
- Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members? No
- Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN-, US-, EU-, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes?* No
- Are you over the age of 18? Yes