Hi, I am Martin with Discord Min#6706 and here’s my profile:
- Beginner in Blockchain, Cyrptocurrency, and DeFi.
- Very happy validator on Akash Community and want to be permanently in Akash Family.
- Rapidly study and following Akash Network since the first competition and testnet.
One of my dream is deploying VPN on Akash Network because:
- Akash is our future and permissionless.
- A very good VPN should be Ephemeral and that’s one main feature of Akash to ensure no log or data stored into persistent storage (100% secure and anonymous).
- Super cost saving.
- Unlimited nodes to deploy.
- No restriction.
- Distributed and Decentralized.
- Kubernetes compatible.
- Very fast to deploy.
And for the maximum result, I am planning to use the dVPN from Sentinel which is supporting the most Decentralized Wireguard VPN that is now docker and Kubernetes ready.
The main problem of VPN
The top most trouble for VPN Node/Server:
- Problems from the Datacenter/ISP/Network Operator. Which is they are seems to watch VPN server that are against some of their rule/policy.
- Server/Network/Bandwidth Limitation.
- All the network from the users to VPN are safe, but, the traffic from the VPN Server into the destination can still be watched by the Datacenter, which sometimes can cause trouble.
My goal is creating a simple and user friendly way to use the Permissionless Decentralized Distributed VPN.
Approach and Targeted Result
- Using the Best Permissionless Decentralized network from Akash (https://akash.network).
- Involved with the community from Sentinel to dive and get the dVPN nodes and deploy it into Akash (https://github.com/sentinel-official/docs/blob/master/guides/nodes/dVPN/SETUP.md).
- Create simple interface or GUI for easier deployment and usage of the new Permissionless Decentralized Distributed VPN.
I am trying my best to clear the #1 and #2 for the Hackaton, and keep developing for the #3 as continuous project as VPN is my organization daily needs.
Current Progress, as for 7th July 2021
- Chat with Colinster#0001 on Discord for approval and support.
- Post Project Description on Akash Forum.
- Book the akashvpn.com and akash-vpn.com domain for later access.
- Involved and get support from the Sentinel dVPN Community to get the docker ready node.
To do next:
- Setting up an Akash Node special for maintaining projects.
- Discussing with the Akash core team to learn more the deployment skill needed. As I will facing the volume attachment and I am a beginner.
- Deploy the dVPN node and do testing.
- Build the simple-deploy feature for simplest one-push deployment and ease of use.
- Finishing the GUI to streamline the wallet creation and deployment.
The #4 and #5 may be done after the Hackaton
The project will continue with future dream of:
- Simple GUI and deploy private node both Akash and dVPN with one-push-button. May be use Akash on Akash, and also multistage container.
- Possibility for pack all the feature into a multistage docker container.
Thank you very much for the great support
So far no need to send me AKT as I am Akash Validator (Bwlnet).
Very happy family to be together forever
Very welcome for any advice and I would like to discuss with anyone experience with attaching volume to Akash like
docker run --volume and
docker compose for the best Yaml possibility.