1. First & Last Name: East Mael
2. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Akash Wallet Address: akash19f4uf02wk97cgnxm3n4tlkgxyca5qdxz508rqs
4. Akashian URI:
5. Time Zone: UTC+9
6. Language: English
7. Discord Username: eastmael#3152
8. Discourse Username:
9. Github: eastmaels
10. Twitter: eastmaels
12. Website: https://blurtopian.com/
13. Blog: https://blurt.blog/@eastmael
14. Are you a developer or software engineer? Developer
15. Are you currently involved in Akash’s Discord developer community channel? (discord.akash.network) Yes
16. Have you deployed on Akash’s Mainnet or Testnet? (docs.akash.network) Not yet (planning to deploy soon after receiving funds for deployment)
17. Do you have other team members? Yes, but they’re not yet involved in Akash
18. Are you looking for additional team members? Not yet
19. Are you interested in working on Akash full-time? Akash is hiring engineers and contractors. Learn more here: Careers | Akash Network: Not yet.
20. What Cloud hosting services do you currently use? (Amazon/Google/Microsoft) Amazon, Hetzner
21. How much do you pay per month for Cloud services / hosting? $100
22. How did you hear about this program? Announcement in Discord
23. What is your project? Akash Connect
24. What is the problem you will solve?
- Digital currency or crypto is not yet the norm for paying for services
- Yet to discover what tools to build around or on top of Akash
25. What are your goals?
Develop a cloud platform/system built on top of a DeCloud. Get familiar with how to deploy and use Akash to deploy on DeCloud.
Build upon existing platforms where crypto is the norm to pay for services.
26. What impact will this project have on the Akash developer community? The project/product will need developers. I perceive it to be of medium impact.
27. Who will use your project when it’s complete? Anyone with access to the net
28. Will you monetize your project? No
29. Will you open source your project? Yes
30. Tell us about yourself, your passion, your values
I’ve been a software developer for more than a decade with background mostly with technologies related to Java.
For my core values, I wrote about it in my blog:
31. What’s your aspiration for blockchain technology?
For blockchain to be the norm in paying for services
32. If you had $1 million in grant funding what would you do?
I’ll quit my day-time job and focus mainly on developing my own product that will be beneficial to all. I’ll use a portion of it to build my own company and depending from whom I received the funding from, I’ll use it for recruitment efforts and a portion of it to help those who are in need.
Come to think of it, I’ll probably do my research first on how much funds or capital is needed to run a company for 5 years. $1M dollars is equivalent to around Php 50M . Assuming a company needs Php 2M per year to operate, I’ll use or retain the capital to run the company for 5 years (timeline to make it sustainable and operate off its profits).
33. Who will benefit most from your project?
Product owners and service providers
34. How will you help grow the Akash community?
By sharing Akash to friends who are in need of cloud services. By creating tutorial videos and articles.
35. How will you make Akash approachable to developers?
By sharing beginner friendly technical documentation and videos on how to deploy platforms/systems on Akash.
36. How do you think Akash should improve?
None for the moment as I want to be more involved in Akash community first
37. How would you utilize the grant funding?
First, I will be purchasing equipment dedicated for Akash development. Next to that will be purchasing online resources that I’ll be needing to further develop my product such as marketing materials. Pay or hire graphic designers for product branding and marketing.
38. Have you already started this work?
39. Do you have a GitHub or website for your project?
40. How will this task be accomplished?
By creating the boilerplate codes for back-end and front-end and deploying this to Akash DeCloud
41. How would you break this work up into 3 or 4 phases / milestones?
1st Phase: Product MVP, 2nd Phase: Stability/Polish of UI; 3rd Phase: Scaling, 4th Phase: Maintenance (additional features)
42. How many months of work will this project require?
If it’s just the initial version, 2 to 4 months
43. What’s the expected amount of funding required for your project?
For the initial product/MVP, $10,000.
44. Will you open source your project?
45. How do you plan to share your work with the community once complete?
By creating a bi-weekly YouTube video progress report
46. Will you report your progress to the community every month?
47. Do you have any screenshots, videos, or other context you can share?
48. Are you associated with any accelerators, incubators, venture capital firms, or startup funds?
49. Are you associated with any startup communities?
50. Are you associated with the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF)?
51. Are you associated with any open source projects?
52. Are you associated with any of the Akash Network core team members?
53. Are you a resident of, citizen, or located in a geographic area that is subject to UN, US, EU, Swiss or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes?
54. Are you over the age of 18?