Last year, we announced a partnership with Solana to bring web-scale smart contracts to Akash’s decentralized and open-source cloud (DeCloud).
As we shared, Akash users will be able to leverage Solana’s hyper-performant platform to run secure and scalable smart contracts and pay using Akash Token (AKT). Solana’s users will be able to run distributed applications (like machine learning or web apps) and settle using Solana Token (SOL) on Akash.
To progress our integration and accelerate the development of Web3 and DeFi applications, we’re excited to co-sponsor the Solana Season Hackathon!
Kicking off this Saturday, May 15th, and running through June 7th, 2021, the Solana Season Hackathon is being held around the world, with tracks encompassing DeFi, Web3, and NFTs across China, India, Eastern Europe, and Brazil.
Each track will have its own set of supporting projects, a panel of judges, offline workshops, and events, and a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner. Prizes include up to $1 million as well as seed funding.
Exclusive to the Solana Season Hackathon, we’re offering up to $15,000 in grants and presenting four challenges for the Eastern European track. However, developers from all regions are welcome to submit and qualify to win.
Our challenges include:
- Deploy an open-source application on Akash MAINNET 2. Submit a deployment file (deploy.yml) to Akash to be included in the Awesome Akash repo to be considered for a grant.
- Akash’s support team will provide tokens to fund the project’s wallet during the hackathon, and if awarded a grant, funding will continue into the future.
- Deploy an open-source application on Akash MAINNET 2 and integrate it with a separate decentralized storage solution.
- Akash’s support team will provide tokens to fund the project’s wallet during the hackathon, and following. Submit an SDL file (deploy.yml) to Akash to be included in the Awesome Akash repo. You can use any decentralized storage solution (e.g. Sia, Filebase, ColdStack, Filecoin, Storj), and you can use any existing open source project.
- Develop a gateway (bridge) between Akash and Solana blockchains to exchange directly.
- Develop an integration between Akash and Torus or another Login solution.
Click here to check out the Awesome Akash repo and see what kind of applications have already been deployed on Akash MAINNET 2.
Judges for the hackathon include Ran Neuner, CEO of Onchain Capital; Seref Bayirli, Director of Global Business Growth at Binance; Larry Cermak, Director of Research at The Block; and Greg Osuri, CEO of Akash Network.